Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Moving to Worthing

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
We’re in the process of finding somewhere to rent in Worthing, before buying in the longer term once our Dorset flat has been sold.

What are the best areas and are there any places to be avoided like the plague?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DURRINGTON? :lolol: :lolol:

Someone's turned up the BG-Bot's idiocy setting to max :facepalm:

Durrington, around Cheviot Road and Cotswold Rd are places not to be sought out. It was always known as Durrington but had such a bad reputation that the Estate Agents couldnt sell any property so decided to call it Lower Salvington to capitalise on the values and good name of the properties on the roads North of Arundel Road.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Totally depends on your budget really,
You'll get more for your money in East Worthing or Durrington, But Offington, High Salvington, seafront etc will obviously be a bit more pricey.
As said above, Broadwater, and surrounding areas are a pretty decent medium, tho again can vary a lot depending on whereabouts

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We’re in the process of finding somewhere to rent in Worthing, before buying in the longer term once our Dorset flat has been sold.

What are the best areas and are there any places to be avoided like the plague?

Can’t really go wrong with Broadwater, Tarring or Findon Valley.

Contact Michael Jones Lettings or Rochelle or Sandra at Easylet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you like police sirens and watching the old bill in action there is a stretch of Rowlands Road you should rent in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I love East Worthing. We get all our washing machines parts in the neighbouring streets free of charge. Cocaine and weed is reasonable round here as well.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I’m looking at a 2 bed house in Warwick Road tomorrow, near The Egremont. Is it a decent pub?

Yes - has certainly improved a lot and the food is pretty decent too, just ask [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], who highly regards the chef there.

Warwick Rd is stones throw from the beach where you are likely to see me doing a burpee or two!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m looking at a 2 bed house in Warwick Road tomorrow, near The Egremont. Is it a decent pub?

The Egremont is a fantastic pub - I'd have it as one of the best 2 or 3 in town. The Corner House is another decent one and not to far from there either.

I'm not sure I'd want to live that way if I had a car. Parking can be pretty horrible, although I imagine there are resident schemes which could ease that, and traffic in the surrounding roads (the A259 / Brighton Road and Steyne Gardens) can get pretty clogged up at both ends of the day.

Lovely spot being just down the road to the beach though, and close to good pubs and restaurants too.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
The Egremont is a fantastic pub - I'd have it as one of the best 2 or 3 in town. The Corner House is another decent one and not to far from there either.

I'm not sure I'd want to live that way if I had a car. Parking can be pretty horrible, although I imagine there are resident schemes which could ease that, and traffic in the surrounding roads (the A259 / Brighton Road and Steyne Gardens) can get pretty clogged up at both ends of the day.

Lovely spot being just down the road to the beach though, and close to good pubs and restaurants too.

It’s got an off street parking space.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here