Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Moving to Worthing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm confused. She bakes the flapjacks for sexual favours....

So she has a thing for bakery owners who take advantage of the fact by having sex with her in return for free baking of oat based goods which they can sell?

Or did you word it incorrectly and she actually really loves flapjacks so has sex with anyone who'll bring her a tray full?

This needs clarification I'm afraid as it could be pivotal in many people's choice of area when moving to Worthing.

I know him, he’s old. He gets confused.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Datsun House (now Columbia House) was opened in 1975. The red former council houses which make the original estate off Columbia Drive were built in the late 60's as I moved there as a two year old in 1970 and I believe that the houses were fairly new when we moved in.

I wouldnt disagree with that as I was a little miffed when Google said 1973 as I said my sister was one of the first to move in to no 7 or possibly it was no 17 I thought that she would have been about 23 at the time so 1970 falls in line with that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
y.

All in all for the OP it’s a nice town wherever you choose to live, possibly with one exception but you’ll know that when you drive round the roundabout next to the pub and there’s a sheet tied to it that says “Happy 30th Birthday Nan”

:lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Move to East Worthing, you get washing machine parts and weed from the front garden, but if you go round the back garden, you get coke and flapjacks, no questions asked?

Coke and flapjacks ? Yeah they’d go well.

It’s the blue triangle area Pickles.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
And after all that you still have to get into the difference between Tarring and Tarring Village :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
The Egremont is a fantastic pub - I'd have it as one of the best 2 or 3 in town. The Corner House is another decent one and not to far from there either.

I'm not sure I'd want to live that way if I had a car. Parking can be pretty horrible, although I imagine there are resident schemes which could ease that, and traffic in the surrounding roads (the A259 / Brighton Road and Steyne Gardens) can get pretty clogged up at both ends of the day.

Lovely spot being just down the road to the beach though, and close to good pubs and restaurants too.

The Corner House (at the bottom of my road in fact), is fine and a very decent pub. Just make sure you take out a second mortgage before going there as it's also the most expensive pub in Worthing for a pint.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
jeez, you poor sod. What could possibly motivate anyone to want to move to Worthing? Why don't you just end it all as an alternative?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Thank you for all of your helpful advice. It definitely makes sense to rent for a decent spell in order to properly suss out areas for myself. :cheers:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But the Ham as it was has deteriorated probably will go the way of The Clifton.

It’s my nearest pub BG but it’s not for me. I use the Seldom and although the Alex is smarter now the beer is crap.
Still can’t believe the Clifton has gone. So many charecters in there albeit one less of late of course.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Funny enough Tarring has improved over the past couple of years roughly the same time as Harty moved out.[/QUOTE]

Been gone nearly 9 years now, but it was that rough when I was there Chris Eubank was the Avon Lady.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm confused. She bakes the flapjacks for sexual favours....

So she has a thing for bakery owners who take advantage of the fact by having sex with her in return for free baking of oat based goods which they can sell?

Or did you word it incorrectly and she actually really loves flapjacks so has sex with anyone who'll bring her a tray full?

This needs clarification I'm afraid as it could be pivotal in many people's choice of area when moving to Worthing.

.....and I was starting to get my flapjack batter ready.....

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
We’re in the process of finding somewhere to rent in Worthing, before buying in the longer term once our Dorset flat has been sold.

What are the best areas and are there any places to be avoided like the plague?
Best areas are Goring/Offington/First Avenue (Charmandean) area/High Salvington (Windmill Lane). I personally like Findon Valley and Village and Ferring.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You need a decent pub within a 15/20 minute walk with an Indian, a Chinese, a chippie and a Turkish kebab shop all pretty close by. Also 5 minutes from a station so when you get back after a 4-1 home victory you’ve not to far to stagger. 5 minutes from the beach and a convenience store/off license should the unheard of happen and you run short of wine.
Off road parking is handy as well. Yep, I like East Worthing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here