Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a new derogatory term for those gimps that sprint out of the Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A lot of people seem to be taking this thread far too seriously. Surely the comedy value fo the phrase to Gump is what was intended. I don't think the OP was really trying to insult anyone. After all being called a gumper for running for a train/bus/car is hardly very insulting is it.

Very well played sir. Glad SOMEBODY got it :lol:

And it IS amusing to see the GUMPing going on. Just needs somebody to film it and the GUMPers embarrassment would be complete.

They even RUN like Forrest FFS :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What's interesting is what those people do with the extra time they have saved once they are the first ones home from the match.

Have sex? No.

Study school assignments? No

Talk to the family and enjoy their company? No

Call your mother/father? No

Get much needed sleep? No

Turn on the telly and see what happened at the end of the match they just departed? YES

Your mum? YES

Jan 30, 2008
It's a shame the transport issues at the Amex haven't really improved. There's still a lot of waiting around. I can understand why some people would sacrifice the last few minutes to avoid feeling like a tin of sardines in the freezing cold.
An underground tunnel linked up with Brighton station, only used for match days, is the obvious solution.
Get your money out Bloom. Enough is enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8dwyjCMKE
all aboard !!
regards
DR

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Very well played sir. Glad SOMEBODY got it :lol:

And it IS amusing to see the GUMPing going on. Just needs somebody to film it and the GUMPers embarrassment would be complete.

They even RUN like Forrest FFS :lolol:

But to film the gumping would mean you would have to gump yourself to get ahead of the gumpers to get them on film :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But to film the gumping would mean you would have to gump yourself to get ahead of the gumpers to get them on film :lolol:

It's a dilemma for sure. Maybe I'll simply outsource the task to the camera crew that had their cameras pointed at the North Stand for the entire Coventry match :thumbsup:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
To be honest, running for the train is the only exercise I get. And it feels great when we've won. I might even do a little celebratory body swerve past an old man hobbling along with a stick or a steward in a high vis.

Same for me in terms of exercise and running (though the earlier beers probably numb the pain!). I plug in BBC sussex commentary, leave on 90 mins and bomb it. Feel guilty, nah, in getting home in good time for the family. Neither leavers or remainders are wrong, we all value things differently thank goodness. Anyways, at least we all share getting out of our armchairs to watch live football in stadia not just on the tv.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hit a few more nerves I see :lolol:

If you believe this thread then it's a good job we have 10-15k no-lifers with zero commitments, obligations, loved ones, pets and gardens to water, else the stadium would be completely empty. We should all be thanking the really important people and their enriched lives for making our queues shorter to boot :thumbsup:

None of this has anything to do with the GUMPERS whizzing past your ear though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be interesting to see how many gumpees we have this week, what with it being a Sunday lunchtime kick off.
I think the Stats will refrain from gumping, this week, and have a little (Turner &) mooch around the Northstand.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hit a few more nerves I see :lolol:

If you believe this thread then it's a good job we have 10-15k no-lifers with zero commitments, obligations, loved ones, pets and gardens to water, else the stadium would be completely empty. We should all be thanking the really important people and their enriched lives for making our queues shorter to boot :thumbsup:

None of this has anything to do with the GUMPERS whizzing past your ear though.

The no-lifers are in fact fulfilling their potential. Hanging around in cold concrete concourses after games, downing further gallons of alcohol, whilst angry about the 15,000 who went early. Now, that is living life to the full!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Gumpers should have to participate in an It's a Knockout style assault course to get to the train station/bus queues, while being squirted with foamy water and pelted with custard pies.

pic8b-its-a-knockout.jpg

its-a-knockout-default-1.jpg

its-a-knockout-a4x1r7.jpg

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We need a word between GUMPER and NO-LIFER for people who wait for the final whistle to blow before proceeding in an orderly fashion to their transport.

Then we need a POLL.

Not much point - all those who might want to address us by any such name would have already Gumped away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here