Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a new derogatory term for those gimps that sprint out of the Amex

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I actually left 15 minutes early saturday something i really hate to do and apologised to everyone on the way out , i can name myself in the full knowledge i had a very good excuse and after consulting with Paul i won't be fined or named in the argus for such a heinous crime . I thank you .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Albion fans? :shrug:

Maybe we should come up with a term for those who feel the need to start threads and obsess over people who – for WHATEVER reason – leave games early?

Absolutely. Yet again, an obsession with those who run out and/or leave early. Why can't these folk just accept for once in their life that we all have differing priorities and needs with regards to getting home. My son in law needed to leave ultra quickly, as he wanted to have an hour's sleep before starting a night shift at 9pm through to 7am. He hardly needs to be referred to as a gump or whatever by sad obsessives. Surely this whole stupid saga has now been done to death.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who let the Gumps out?
Who, who who who
Who let the Gumps out?
Who, who who who
Stay for Duffy, Stay for Dunky
Stay you disinterested mongrels

Is that a Haiku? If so, it's shit.

If not, it's shit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Does ‘gumping’ for a train you have booked in advance count. If so I have done this a couple of times after away games.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Surely the most common Gumpers are those who wait for the final whistle and then sprint out to get to Trains and busses, The Early leavers don't have to Gump it to get the queues.

On evening games I have been known to get my Gump on. Not weekends though.

This.

Gumpers aren't Early Leavers. They are Johnny Stay Laters who then need to become Johnny Fast Rushers.

I declare this thread moribund.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
As someone who squeezes my Albion supporting in between an otherwise invariably jam packed weekend of activities, I always find it somewhat amusing that those who have nothing else going on should choose to be so disdainful of those that do.

Call me what you want but I'm quite content in knowing that the Albion forms part of my life but is by no means the be-all and end-all of it. 30mins saved is 30mins spent doing something elsewhere. #badfan.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
It's a thing, it should have a name. It's not just early leavers on a saturday afternoon. How scary must it be being a little kid going with your mum or dad or other to an evening game and you wait til the final whistle and you come out the ground and there's all these GUMPS sprinting hell for leather in the dark to the available transport and threatening to bowl you over. Must just put you off wanting to go again in a hurry.

You worry too much (and bore the **** out of me)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a thing, it should have a name. It's not just early leavers on a saturday afternoon. How scary must it be being a little kid going with your mum or dad or other to an evening game and you wait til the final whistle and you come out the ground and there's all these GUMPS sprinting hell for leather in the dark to the available transport and threatening to bowl you over. Must just put you off wanting to go again in a hurry.
Tom if you ever get that scared then leave BEFORE the early leavers to be on the safe side.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They should put a running track round the Amex, eight lanes, staggered start, those furthest from the train station - south end of the ground - get channeled into the inside lanes, the North and West the outside lanes.

Could smuggle in some rook scarers to set them away from the WL. Beats them all looking around at each other on the approach to 80' not wanting to false start.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone leaving the stadium before the shutters on the barriers for the bar are lowered, the lights go off and the stewards commence pointing toward the exit need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So nobody on here walks to the concourse before the half time whistle, walks in after kick off or walks in for the 2nd half after the players have run out the tunnel? Same hideous crime.
On saturday the 2nd half kicked off and there were at least 1thousand empty seats all over the ground
Sure nobody does any of that , who is so upset about those leaving in the last minute for a 100 mile drive home, like me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here