Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boring ticket question

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have an OAP and adult season ticket.

If I wanted to take my child - could i do so on the OAP ticket or would I have to "upgrade". The price should be the same so no upgrade cost, right?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have an OAP and adult season ticket.

If I wanted to take my child - could i do so on the OAP ticket or would I have to "upgrade". The price should be the same so no upgrade cost, right?

Not sure of the official line but I have taken my OAP dad on my sons ticket without upgrading and there hasn't been a problem

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Is it the same price ? I though U18 was about 1/2 full price and over 65 (or under21) was about 3/4 full price.

I wanted to take an over65 friend on my son's U18 ticket a while back and they charged me something like £10 (can't remember exactly). Though they did mistakenly email me a U21 ticket - when i phoned back he said "oops, sorry, but it doesn't matter as they are the same price".

You're not taking taking the micky, so I think it'll be fine, but my advice is just phone them up and ask ... or better still just email them so you have a record just in case a jobsworth steward stops you on the way in.

TrickyDicky12345

Feb 26, 2018
Any ideas please?
Me and my grandson, who is aged 11, are both bronze members and we have tickets for Sunday’s game but he cannot go so I’d like to take my daughter (adult) to her first game. The ticket office say I cannot upgrade at any cost so wondering if anyone can help or has any suggestions please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickyDicky12345

Feb 26, 2018
They’ve said that if I could get a Drs certificate to say he’s not fit then they may refund but it would then be for sale publicly and only another bronze or season ticket holder could buy it and I’d buy it off them. I’m furious

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
On Saturday at the ticket office I tried to upgrade a paper OAP ticket to adult. Computer said no.

I then proposed to them that I upgrade my sons U10 ST to adult for the day, and he go in on the OAP paper ticket. They were fine with that.

In summary your child should be ok on an OAP ticket but I’d check first.

TrickyDicky12345

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you but the problem is upgrading my grandsons (junior) to my daughters (adult) [emoji30]

When you upgrade, they deduct the discount value of the ticket you want to upgrade (i.e. season ticket cost divided by 19), from the match ticket cost (Cat A, B etc) of the ticket you want for that game. I recently upgraded my sons u21 ticket to an OAP for the Cat A Chelsea game and was slightly taken aback by the £24 upgrade as I just thought u21 and OAP ticket (both season & match tickets) are pretty much the same. Despite upgrading 'down' from OAP to junior, you could find the value they give for the OAP ticket (i.e. season ticket cost divided by 19) is less than the cost of a match day junior ticket . . . so you'll end up paying some money over. The club limit the number of upgrades to 6 AND takeaway the season ticket price benefit when you do upgrade . . . I'm not saying that's right or wrong, its just the way the system is set up.

I'm 99% certain the barriers shows the difference between an adult ticket and concession for the stewards to monitor . . . I don't think it differentiates between child, u18, u21 or OAP. I would take the child and use the OAP season ticket . . . very unlikely to be picked up and plead ignorance / late change in plans if you do get stopped by a steward. If the child can burst in to tears at the right moment, then that can often draw sympathy from those heartless stewards !!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They’ve said that if I could get a Drs certificate to say he’s not fit then they may refund but it would then be for sale publicly and only another bronze or season ticket holder could buy it and I’d buy it off them. I’m furious

This is where the current intransigence of the club is ridiculous. Circumstances change but they expect you to just bin off the ticket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here