Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal-there for the taking!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The two cup games were 3-2 to the Gooners weren't they IIRC? We were weaker / they were stronger in both of those games. We lost 2-0 at theirs earlier in the season, and Solly hit the post. IMHO we defo have a better than small chance for a point or 3... some posters on here too pessimistic...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It depends if we get a referee who will give us a penalty, when we deserve it. If Moss had given us those penalties against Chelsea, it would've been a different scoreline (obviously) as the balance of play changed.

The referee is Kevin Friend, so this game is a write off. 3-0 to Arsenal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately the refs tend to side with the established Premier sides so we miss out but I have always maintained that we will beat one of the top 6 and I think Arsenal at The Amex is the most likely.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The two cup games were 3-2 to the Gooners weren't they IIRC? We were weaker / they were stronger in both of those games. We lost 2-0 at theirs earlier in the season, and Solly hit the post. IMHO we defo have a better than small chance for a point or 3... some posters on here too pessimistic...

Yes, that's how I see it. We are a much better side now than then and have as good a chance as any to get a positive result surely.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Arsenal's weak link is their back 4, even more so if Monreal is injured. However this was supposed to be Liverpool's weak link too.
As per every game against top 6 this will come down to tiny margins. We will need all 11 players to have 8+ games and need some Arsenal players to have sub 7 games, and we HAVE to take our chances if and when they come.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got fed up of beating them at home back in the day :lol:

beat them at the end of one season

then at the start of the next

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
All these threads about this, expect a 4-0 tonking

Its going to happen isn't it. There's far too much confidence on here for my liking, and i reckon after getting another pasting off city on Thursday theyll be so desperate to turn someone over theyll only go and bloody turn up against us on Sunday :ffsparr:

... Having said that, it is a pretty good time to play them. Have to go into the game with confidence!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its going to happen isn't it. There's far too much confidence on here for my liking, and i reckon after getting another pasting off city on Thursday theyll be so desperate to turn someone over theyll only go and bloody turn up against us on Sunday :ffsparr:

... Having said that, it is a pretty good time to play them. Have to go into the game with confidence!!

Here you go...

crap.jpg

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Arsenal in crisis because they got through to the next round of the waffa cup and lost to the best team in England in a cup final. People need to start to see the media spin. Allardyce thought Arsenal was there for the taking recently too. Remember how that turned out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think we are in our best position to get 3 points from a top 6 side but that does not mean I think we will walk it, far from it. The is now at it's best but we will need all our players are on top of their game and we have some luck which eluded us in most of the other encounters.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So a win, loss or draw takes up 99% of the possibilities for the result, I'm interested to know what the 1% represents.

Sorry couldnt resist

Abandoned due to snow.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully they get done on Thursday at home and things will be at a new low for Sunday. Question is, are Arsenal going to be top 6?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here