Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal-there for the taking!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having predicted a 1-0 narrow win against a 'below-strength' Chelsea, I'm keeping quiet on this one... :down:

Chelsea's 3 players happened to turn up, against us, having gone missing before and after that game.
If Arsenal's 3 players decide to turn up we don't really have a snowballs chance.

If they don't, or aren't allowed to play, then they ought to be there for the taking.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
With all the bed wetters on here I love the optimism of this thread topic, but would take a draw.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

We have ZERO chance of picking up any points on Sunday. Literally zero.
It is funny though. We are now a best priced 6/1 for relegation thanks to 8 points from our last 4 games against relegation rivals - and I think that price is about right, yet we've taken no points at all off the top 7. If we'd taken even a handful of those unexpected points, we'd be on a par with Everton or Leicester.

If we CAN get something from Arsenal for a change, and then beat Everton, I think we could yet be looking at a top half finish, and with a cup quarter final already secured, what a season that would be.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
As UEFA cup is their only hope of a trophy we couldn’t get a better chance than this Sunday. In my positive thinking hopefully the top of the league will be tied up before last 2 games and both Liverpool and Man Utd will still in European cup so they put out weaker teams - then easy 6 points

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This.

There's ALWAYS a chance. Not saying it's gonna happen – and it might be a 0.00000000000001% chance – but there IS still a chance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm a bit worried about some of the over confidence coming into this game as they have at least 3 world class players in their ranks.

If they turn up and try they will beat us. But as others have said arsenal have been abysmal away this season, they recently drew with west Brom and lost to swansea they've only picked up 3 more away points than us and we all know how rubbish Brighton are away.

I'm crossing everything. A draw would be great. A win would see us pretty much safe with about 3 or 4 points from 9 games remaining.

Exciting times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Arsenal always beat us. ALWAYS.

Apart from the two home wins in the top division at home in 1982, and the two away draws (league 1982 and League Cup 1979).

I think with Arsenal playing 3 at the back, we can exploit the space out wide with Izquierdo and Knockaert and we can cause Arsenal problems on the break

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Arsenal always beat us. ALWAYS.
No they don't. Usually they do, but not always. Chelsea are the only team we've never beaten (in the league), not Arsenal.

Rubbish! There is ZERO possibility that we will have ZERO chance. Not saying that we will beat them (or take a point), but we can and we might. We are finding our feet in this division, and though Arsenal are undoubtedly better than us, they are still the weakest of the 'Big 6', and by their own standards they're not all that at the moment.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Chances are they will win but if we keep it tight early on and are still in the game midway through the 2nd half, I think we can get something. Even a point would be a major bonus at this stage. Two points in a next two games would give us a major chance to stay up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think we are well capable of beating Arsenal if we get it right.......... but then again, if they get it right they could take us apart.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Thread of Doom.

I'll balance the fate tempting up by predicting Albion 0 Arsenal 6.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the whole story of Arsenal for the past 10 years, they can beat anyone including the other top sides, but often dont. their defense is ropey, so if their attack/possession is off-beat they become vulnerable to mistakes and counterattacks. however, we dont play the sort of pressing game to exploit this, so... draw?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Forget that it is Arsenal, would we be hoping to win at home to a side that has lost to Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Watford away, and drawn with West Brom, Saints and West Ham? Their only victory away at a bottom half side being 2-3 at Palace.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Horrible franchised club, visiting their stadium made me want to give it all up, artificial entitled fans. 'North London derbies' always make me laugh.

Would absolutely love them to go down the leagues and figure out how to actually gain promotion by legitimate means.

We'll lose to them though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Forget that it is Arsenal, would we be hoping to win at home to a side that has lost to Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Watford away, and drawn with West Brom, Saints and West Ham? Their only victory away at a bottom half side being 2-3 at Palace.

Anyone that beats Palarse in Smelhurst is okay in my book.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

But, it IS Arsenal, so all that being true, they are still capable of tonking us

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just wanna beat them and also watch piers morgan go into one on Monday morning on GMTV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here