Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
A relatively quiet summer IF we stay up... not much to do, but:

Another RB if Bruno off.
Sort out Bong's contract.
Honey Monster or replacement?
Another CM if Super Sid off.
Cover for Izzy.
Another striker or cover for Gross if Sam B off.

... is my guess... so a lot of that is retention rather than big buys, I would have thought...

Oh, and well done to the Recruitment team (although you took far too long to get in striker reinforcements)...

About right except CM whatever - Sid will be off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we stay up I think that we will need to replace Hemed and Baldock moved out Murray to bench and replaced by Locadia so at least 1 striker. Possibly an AM to compete with Gross.Maenpaa or Krul moved out and Walton to be no 2. Hunemier let go and one of the youngster like Ben White moved up to first team squad. Bruno and Sidwell and possibly Rosenoir released and replaced by home grown players either from U23s if anybody ready or signings but 1 to be an old experienced player. If we are relegated the whole scenario will change.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we stay up I think that we will need to replace Hemed and Baldock moved out Murray to bench and replaced by Locadia so at least 1 striker. Possibly an AM to compete with Gross.Maenpaa or Krul moved out and Walton to be no 2. Hunemier let go and one of the youngster like Ben White moved up to first team squad. Bruno and Sidwell and possibly Rosenoir released and replaced by home grown players either from U23s if anybody ready or signings but 1 to be an old experienced player. If we are relegated the whole scenario will change.

- Leo will replace Tomer if we stay up.

- Maybe that Powell chap from Wigan will replace Baldock.

- Premium signing to replace Sidwell.

- Maenpaa to be replaced by a home grown goalie ( Walton ? ).

- New contract for Krul.

- Skalak and Ahannach competing for 1 squad place.

- Most of Bruno, Rosenior, Bong and Hunemeier to go. Can Mateju step up at rightback ?

Looks a relatively easy summer for recruitment I think, focusing on quality.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

- New contract for Krul.

- Most of Bruno, Rosenior, Bong and Hunemeier to go. Can Mateju step up at rightback ?

Bong deserves another year and Krul. The rest can go

D

Deleted member 2719

Getting rid of that Burke was the best thing we did.

Very much this, with the restructuring that went on also.
The set up before would have seen Barbers head on the block by now if it had continued, what would Gus and Garcia done with the same money and backing???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Very much this, with the restructuring that went on also.
The set up before would have seen Barbers head on the block by now if it had continued, what would Gus and Garcia done with the same money and backing???

It's conjecture, but I'd bet "not done as well as CH".

D

Deleted member 2719

It's conjecture, but I'd bet "not done as well as CH".

I know, but I do feel sorry for Garcia he didn't really get the same toolbox. I think the backing Chris has had he wouldn't go anywhere but a top 6 club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why the desperate need to suddenly stop Walton's development?

He'll be a top end Championship goalkeeper next season, all being well not with the Albion, then finally he'll be back here competing for the bright orange, the season after.

Christ knows why anybody would think he should serve most of his apprenticeship but not the passing course, is beyond me.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone else hear this on talk sport around 16:45 today? Cascarino stated as fact that Brighton tried to sign 241 strikers before getting the ones we now have! Yes, 241!

So either the recruitment team is shit which wouldn't make sense as I am well happy with Locadia and Ulloa and suspect everyone else is or he is Talking Shite.

Seriously, 241? No chance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else hear this on talk sport around 16:45 today? Cascarino stated as fact that Brighton tried to sign 241 strikers before getting the ones we now have! Yes, 241!

So either the recruitment team is shit which wouldn't make sense as I am well happy with Locadia and Ulloa and suspect everyone else is or he is Talking Shite.

As the team ended up solely reliant on H&M, to be honest, 241 seems a bit low and they should have tried harder.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

In an article in the Argus in September 2017 they reported that Izquierdo was one of 874 wide players that Paul Winstanley and his team had looked at; the number of strikers stretched into four figures. About 300 player reports are compiled per week.

So it would certainly be true to say that we have hundreds of strikers on our radar, but I'm sure we haven't "tried to sign" them all!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
In an article in the Argus in September 2017 they reported that Izquierdo was one of 874 wide players that Paul Winstanley and his team had looked at; the number of strikers stretched into four figures. About 300 player reports are compiled per week.

So it would certainly be true to say that we have hundreds of strikers on our radar, but I'm sure we haven't "tried to sign" them all!
I think that would be more like it, looked at 241 and tried to get maybe 10 in total over the last two windows.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

- New contract for Krul.

Bong deserves another year and Krul. The rest can go
Bong sings for another year.

One less job for the recruitment team in the summer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here