Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coke bottle thrown

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would expect the club to have been videoing it (i am sure they video us all) and then just identify the person later that way it is likely to kick off a ruck. IF there were multiple incidents I would expect them to step in to prevent it happening further.

el punal

Travelling down on the train yesterday I got talking to a chap who was sitting in the west lower next to Coventry supporters last week. When they scored he said a full coke bottle was thrown narrowly missing him and his young son. He reported this to a nearby steward who did nothing. Just wondered if anyone else witnessed this or if anyone knows if the club have taken any action.

Whoever threw that must have been a complete tosser.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I heared that a tartan thermos flask was thrown from the east stand yesterday when Swansea scored.

That was Edna. Nothing to do with the goal. Alf hadn't put sugar in the tea. Feisty old girl.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's a bit of a silly comment, we encourage families and promote ourselves as a family club. What would have been the reaction if a racist or homophobic remark was made, or is this more serious than possibly injuring a child.

It's not a silly comment though is it, you ****wit. My point is that he doesn't know that steward didn't do anything, i.e. report it to the stewarding team in the vicinity or in the control room to check video footage.

Oh, and stop being a snowflake.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Travelling down on the train yesterday I got talking to a chap who was sitting in the west lower next to Coventry supporters last week. When they scored he said a full coke bottle was thrown narrowly missing him and his young son. He reported this to a nearby steward who did nothing. Just wondered if anyone else witnessed this or if anyone knows if the club have taken any action.

Just like to mention that other brands are available!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What was he expecting the steward to do, personally march over the the away end and confiscate every single plastic bottle so that it didn't happen again?

I agree that is a stupid comment to make as it has not been suggested that the action required was as you suggest. How do you know the poster is a snowflake unless of course you know him or her but that is becoming a word that is used out of all context.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I heared that a tartan thermos flask was thrown from the east stand yesterday when Swansea scored.

"You can't have that one. That's my vibrator." Oh. I think I may have got the punchline of this joke a bit confused?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here