Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace, almost feel sorry for them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is that Sakho who doesn't want to play because he might hurt his leg. Sorry give me Duffy and his commitment any day of the week.

This.

Give me the 100% committed Duffy all day long

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't feel sorry for them. They seem to have decided to build a strong first eleven at the expense of a strong squad. Obviously no one would of anticipated having so many players injured at the same time, but it was part of their gamble which hasn't failed just yet. Injuries or loss of form (in Bentekes case) are not a new phenomena, so must of been part of that risk.

Palace fans trying to evaluate their season is really funny to read though. Saying things like if we didn't have the first 7 games we would be mid table. The first 7 games and Frank De Boer happened it's part of their season accept and embrace it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't feel sorry for them. They seem to have decided to build a strong first eleven at the expense of a strong squad. Obviously no one would of anticipated having so many players injured at the same time, but it was part of their gamble which hasn't failed just yet. Injuries or loss of form (in Bentekes case) are not a new phenomena, so must of been part of that risk.

Palace fans trying to evaluate their season is really funny to read though. Saying things like if we didn't have the first 7 games we would be mid table. The first 7 games and Frank De Boer happened it's part of their season accept and embrace it.

Didn't you use to post on the BBS ?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
His wife has had complications with their unborn child, but they’ve had the baby now, hopefully Mum and baby will be ok.
But don’t let the facts get in the way of some Palace bashing .

Lots of talk by fans this morning that he is fit but refuseing to play on BBS, hope your going to put them right as obviously you know something they don't

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
These were the quotes from Roy before the Spurs game.......

Mamadou Sakho is too “scared” to risk a recurrence of a calf problem despite Crystal Palace’s injury crisis and the club believing him to be fit.

Sakho’s absence means Roy Hodgson remains without 12 senior players for Sunday’s visit of Tottenham, and at a time when his defence is already severely weakened and the threat of relegation is significant.

Defenders Joel Ward, Martin Kelly, Scott Dann and Jeffrey Schlupp are also all absent, and the 70-year-old Hodgson is frustrated that one of his highest-paid, senior players is “unwilling” to play.

He feels, in his own words, scared that something’s going to happen if he plays and he’s unwilling to take the risk,” the Palace manager said.

We thought he was going to be back, but he is still feeling his calf injury. At the moment he is making it clear he doesn’t feel confident enough to play.

“I’m disappointed in that as I thought we would have got him back after the Newcastle second half when he played so well, but it hasn’t turned out that way. We will just have to wait and see but it’s really when he lets us know he’s ready. We’ll have to wait and see, and we are waiting for him to let us know when he’s ready.”

Hodgson also confirmed he had been trying to encourage Sakho to risk selection before responding, when asked if he felt he was succeeding, “Obviously not”.

Pretty obvious that Roy reckons there's nothing wrong with him and that he's pretty pissed off too.

Sakho has previous for attitude issues of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here