Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace, almost feel sorry for them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don’t feel sorry for us, It’s a tough period for us, but we have some winnable games coming up .
I don't think you'll be in trouble by the end.
See where both of us are at the end of the season, you do have previous for crowing too early .
Well there'll always be a few fans that do that, plenty of yours have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PS - And aren't you going to say 'Thanks'? If we'd only beaten Swansea 2-1 you'd be in the relegation places on goal difference! :)
They wouldn't.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They sold Gayle sold Murray, and bought Benteke and Wickham, need to get super Al back to do more great business

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looking at their starting 11 today, I’m genuinely struggling to think of any I’d swap for any of our first 11.

Townsend for Knocky possibly.

Anyone else?

You must be joking?! Townsend is piss poor. Roy Keane described Jack Wilshere as the most overrated player in Europe this week. If that’s the case, Townsend must run him a close second

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]967772935242113025[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I never thought it was possible that Benteke could have this bad a season.

He is 27 and should be at his peak, historically a 2 in 5 ratio in the Prem.

it puts into perspective what a remarkable job Glenn Murray is doing this season, especially when you see other expensive strikers like Llorente, Bony, Martial, Carroll all struggling to score.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I never thought it was possible that Benteke could have this bad a season.

He is 27 and should be at his peak, historically a 2 in 5 ratio in the Prem.

Especially when he has Zaha & Townsend, two of the finest wingers in the world, probably even the galaxy, supplying him with chances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You must be joking?! Townsend is piss poor. Roy Keane described Jack Wilshere as the most overrated player in Europe this week. If that’s the case, Townsend must run him a close second

Then who...?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Hearing that drum falling silent as Kane bagged his late winner on MOTD2 was a perfect end to a very enjoyable weekend

Nice to see Knocky make 2Good 2Bad with his goal celebration too!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently Sakho isn't even injured, he just doesn't want to play for them.

No.

Zaha, Dann, Puncheon, Loftus cheek, Schlupp injured too.

This shows the problem of an imbalanced squad - Christ knows what they're paying Benteke and Cabaye.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking at their starting 11 today, I’m genuinely struggling to think of any I’d swap for any of our first 11.

Anyone else?
No chance. Have you actually been following Townsend at all ? Been shit for a few years now. Think you are living off his name at Spurs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Anyone else?

It's 1 team v 11 individuals.
There's no way I'd swap any of their players for ours, but that's not saying all of our players are better than theirs.
I'd imagine a few could improve our team but it'll take years to get the stench of Pards, Allardyce, De Bore, Hodgson and most notably Parish out of their systems.

I'd love to find the start of season posts confidentially and begrudgingly stating 'well I guess Dunk would get on our bench'. :lol: : facepalm:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I do think this sort of thing should be reserved for once our safety is secure. Still a long way to go before I’m counting chickens.

Exactly but don't tell that to the Palace obsessives.
Beside themselves with joy when CP lost their first 7 games and then remarkably quiet when the revival kicked in and we struggled in December. Now we have a four point cushion, everything is rosy in the garden again. Lets see how chirpy fans are if we lose the next two and it starts to close up again.
It never ceases to amaze me how much time certain fans spend worrying about what Palace are doing. They leave our games and the only thing on their minds is how have Palace done. If we both get relegated, it would lessen the impact in their eyes. Thats how narrow the outlook is. We should be concentrating on how we are going to get enough points in the next four games to cushion us against the possibility of very few points from the last 6 games. Palace will get players back and will improve. Lets secure safety and see final positions before claiming bragging rights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here