Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I know, I know it has been on this board so many times already. I also know the usual sentiment towards those who leave early.

Having waited for almost an hour to get on a park and ride at the last game I took my son to, then having got to my car doing the hour and a bit drive home, we got up and left a couple minutes early today. I didnt want to miss seeing Locadia score, but of course he did.

So what's the point of this post? When we got outside it struck me how many people were running... hundreds of people were running...either to the car park, the trains or the busses. I mean really running...in droves.

These people arn't running to make sure they miss last minute goals. They're running because getting out of the Amex is painful and no-one likes sitting in their car or waiting for a bus for an hour. Something must be able to improve the flow through. Dedicated bus lanes in and out of the stadium with more busses? Something.

As for the geniuses that text into BBC Sussex to grumble about people leaving early...most folks dont want to.

I am hardly a regular visitor to the Amex but, whenever I have been, I have stayed to clap the players off then moved off and walked down to the A27 bus stop south bound and got on the first bus that stopped. My Wife usually meets me on Marine parade around 5.30 -5.45 for a Saturday game with the hire car. I suppose travellers on the train and those using the car parks have more difficulty?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Precisely. 70 or 80 minutes is enough and then getting home becomes the priority. More feel like that when we're shit, and as you said earlier it's not just Brighton fans.

Maybe they wait to see if we do a like for like substitution at 70 minutes before leaving?
:)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am hardly a regular visitor to the Amex but, whenever I have been, I have stayed to clap the players off then moved off and walked down to the A27 bus stop south bound and got on the first bus that stopped. My Wife usually meets me on Marine parade around 5.30 -5.45 for a Saturday game with the hire car. I suppose travellers on the train and those using the car parks have more difficulty?

Always clap the players off and usually back in Burgess Hill before 6 after a 3pm ko.

The Amex is no worse than most grounds from a transport perspective, and a heck of a lot better than many. No problem with people legging it for a train or P&R bus if the time they save is worth it, each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here