Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Locadia must start because he cost a zillion pounds" merchants

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Locadia might only have been on the pitch for ten minutes, and he might be a big old unit, but his positional play is immaculate, best since Barnes. He's not not one of those donkeys that some like to say 'holds the ball up well' when they can't think any anything else positive to say about a failed forward. Three or four times in that ten minutes he was SCREAMING for the ball to be played to him in space in a goal poacher position. Sooner his team mates start looking up and actively seeking him out (like they used to do for Zamora), the sooner he'll make massive strides. Maybe he'll continue to play second fiddle to Murray for the remainder of this season, because Murray's done absolutely nothing wrong. But make no mistake, Locadia is the future and will be MASSIVE for us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The thread that keeps on giving is the Muuray thread on the Palace forum.

They are gutted he was let go.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’re on form tonight. Writing off a player who hasn’t started a PL game. Echos the premature comments about Ryan and Schelotto.

Just doing my bit to guarantee a player of the season performance.

I've missed the boat on every other 'get rid' 'he's shite' thread, I'm sure as hell not missing it this time.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He looked an absolute beast when he came on.

Given the money other clubs have spunked on Dutch players (yes that’s you Everton) I think our due diligence has been pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Murray had 81 minutes and he managed 2 goals. Over 90 minutes that's 2 and just under a quarter goals. Locadia had 9 minutes and scored 1. Over 90 minutes, that's 10 goals.

We could have won this 12-1 if Hughton started Locadia. But no, he went with the more defensive-minded choice of Murray and we barely scrape a 4-1 win.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree, for the money we paid, he should get a hatrick every game.
Come on. Other than scoring on his debut in the cup, then coming off the bench to score in his first PL game, what has Locadia done for us?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Locadia has been getting goals for us since he signed for us... whether that's on the field, on the bench or in the medical centre.

Because what he has done is make GM work so much harder than he has done so far this season. The change in him on field is huge. He is running rather than jogging, finding space, working harder.
If Locadia on the bench makes Murray score goals and Locadia on the pitch means he scores goals... I am largely indifferent over who starts.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Locadia has been getting goals for us since he signed for us... whether that's on the field, on the bench or in the medical centre.

Because what he has done is make GM work so much harder than he has done so far this season. The change in him on field is huge. He is running rather than jogging, finding space, working harder.
If Locadia on the bench makes Murray score goals and Locadia on the pitch means he scores goals... I am largely indifferent over who starts.

Stone me!
That is far too good.
You're on the wrong board mate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Locadia looks like a hench, supercharged Baldock. Similar runs but faster and stronger. Will prove to be an inspired signing I reckon. Murray was fantastic today......CH has the most enjoyable of headaches.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The lad can score.Simple as that. A great addition to the squad as is Izzy, who looks better and betterer and bettererer each time I see him play. We have attacking options in abundance...So so so good!

I love it!

TNBA

TTF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Locadia's first team career with us is currently running at an average of a goal every 43 minutes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Exactly. Murray has scored 7 goals in 9 matches, and Locadia 2 in 2. It's a great problem to have.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately there are. According to many of them Murray is a Championship striker. They are quite often the same people who can't understand how Bong is permitted to play football, think Kayal should be playing instead of Stephens, Dunk is red card waiting to happen and Maty Ryan is too short to be a professional keeper.

And Ashley Barnes is not a goalscorer.

It is the same people. Barnes, Stephens and Murray are lower league journeymen, robbing a PL living. Pleased when GM or DS they have an off day to justify the baseless argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here