Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Locadia must start because he cost a zillion pounds" merchants

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As I said BEFORE the game today, they should BOTH be starting. That said, Gross, although poor in the first half, was great in the second. Putting Locadia in from the start is currently asking a lot TBF. However, CH went for the safe option and you can hardly argue with our brilliant result.

In short, the OP is asking the wrong question again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Following the fantastic performance against West Ham those 11 players deserved to start.

I would've taken a few players off on 70 mins after we had scored our 2nd goal, Locaida for Murray seemed the most obvious change

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If I purchased an Aston Martin I would not keep it in the garage in case it got dirty.

I've got a man who keeps my Aston Martin in showroom condition.

Sent from my Sirin Solarin Crystal using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Locadia is not a striker according to my man at PSV
Not sure if this is a joke that over my head, or if you've got a PSV supporting friend who says he doesn't play as a striker, or that he's not suited to it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He is a STH there and says although he has played there on occasions it’s not really his position.
How strange, because he talked as if he's a striker when interviewed, and from the one game I've seen of him he plays as though he's a striker.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He is a STH there and says although he has played there on occasions it’s not really his position.

I think your friend is only half right.

quote_icon.png
Jürgen Locadia

I've played most of the time as a striker but also the last three seasons (at PSV Eindhoven) as a left-winger. The last year has gone pretty well. I scored a lot of goals from the left-wing.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15885759.I_m_like_Jesus_says_Albion_s_record_signing/

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What's with all this goalscoring. Given we all know CH is far too defensive it us obvious that Locadia is not starting because he's not as good as others at defending corners, defending from the front or winning free kicks when we clear the ball to the halfway line.

Also he fails to slow the game down by being offside.

Once he has improved in these areas he has a better chance to start.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The lad can score.Simple as that. A great addition to the squad as is Izzy, who looks better and betterer and bettererer each time I see him play. We have attacking options in abundance...So so so good!

I love it!

TNBA

TTF

Izzy Brown ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’m amazed anyone thought Murray would be dropped given the way he’s been playing since Locadia and Ulloa arrived. Bizarre.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Did Hughton get it right by starting one of the Premier League in-form strikers ahead of a bloke who has been out for 2 months, having only had a run-out against a mid-table League Two side?

I'm sure Locadia's time as our first choice striker will come sooner or later but whilst Murray is in such imperious form he starts, and the fact that Locadia is our record signing is absolutely irrelevant.

Who said locadia should start ? Everyone knows he’s coming back from injury and adjusting. Ulloa over Murray , possibly, but still likely, because as you say Murray is on form .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who said locadia should start ? Everyone knows he’s coming back from injury and adjusting. Ulloa over Murray , possibly, but still likely, because as you say Murray is on form .

Lots of criticism on Twitter when the team was announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here