Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your own personal links to the Albion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing everyone, will hopefully be a good mood tonight.
I was thinking what link do you have, as a fan to the Albion, it doesn't matter if it's tenuous or personal.
For me it would be I've played footy against Neil Smilie and been involved in a sports quiz v Albion players, way back in the 1980s.
I do know some on here have told me of their links, so I'll let them tell their stories. :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Gary O'Reilly used to play football with us, 20 years ago, Thursday nights iat Preston Park.

Tony Towner was my removal man.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I got drunk in The Stadium on New Years eve with Perry Digweed (when we left the pub he was still propping the bar up). He saved a penalty the next morning at Fulham. I watched with bleary eyes, my mate didn't get up in time.

Mark Lawrenson and at least one other player (Stevens?) lived a few doors away from the Vicarage in Church Road, Southwick - and we used to play football in the Vicarage garden. Sadly not with the Albion players, who probably never knew we were there - but we used to think they would be watching over the walls and would spot the obvious talent we were showing (!). Is that tenuous enough?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
W Crinson.jpg

My stepmom's grandfather played for the Albion from 1908 -1910. His name was William Crinson. He played in goal. You cans see him in the attached picture.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I did some work at Bedes school this week and there was a big picture of Solly March on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I once stood next to Steve Piper at the Gents urinals in Sherry's.
I gave Teddy Maybank some de-icer for his car windscreen , one frosty morning in Blatchington Road.
Norman Wisdom put a fiver in my tin when I was taking part in a charity collection at The Goldstone.
My sister lives next door to Ross Johnson's parents.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have a photo of my late grandparents at an Albion match circa 1925

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I sat next to Gerry Fell on the float at the St Luke's School Jubilee parade in 1977.

My Mum organised the event so made it so...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My son trains with Bruno’s son and Johnny Byrne’s son and also Dan Harding’s son too.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mark Lawrenson came on when I was substituted in a charity game.
Brian Powney was my Uncle Brians best mate.
I played against Teddy Maybank, on the pitch in the middle of Corals dog track, he was in goal, we won about 4 or 5 nil.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Mrs gabba's best mates brother in law is Ian Chapman. Teddy Maybank did the flooring in my uncles house. My old neighbour was Frankie Howard (I believe he played for us in the 50's)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here