Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baggies are NOT doomed!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your post reminded me of the 'jobs for the boys' talk we had after Pards' (was he the last one?) appointment.

If I remember getting Hodgson, Allardyce, Moyes and Pards was widely derided by the 'talking heads' as same old narrow minded thinking
Then for a few weeks the tide changed and the same talking heads were telling us 'that's why you employ a wise old head'.
The league table would suggest the tides on it's way out again.

I think you're talking about a slightly different scenario. All 3 of those managers have their limitations but they are proven in being able to rescue a seemingly doomed club from relegation and that was what I was specifically referring to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your post reminded me of the 'jobs for the boys' talk we had after Pards' (was he the last one?) appointment.

If I remember getting Hodgson, Allardyce, Moyes and Pards was widely derided by the 'talking heads' as same old narrow minded thinking
Then for a few weeks the tide changed and the same talking heads were telling us 'that's why you employ a wise old head'.
The league table would suggest the tides on it's way out again.

With Pulis, a lucrative closed shop, of often uninspiring football. Eventually they would have all done the lot.

I'm pleased we have low key Chris.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've just come back from BetFred (Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester treble today) and also put £10 on Burnley to be relegated at 250/1.

I remember the 2014/15 season when Newcastle went into freefall around Christmas time and JUST about survived relegation on the final day.

With our injury crisis (7 first-choice starters out), we'll find it hard to pick up another 4/5 points.

Thrown your money away them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're talking about a slightly different scenario. All 3 of those managers have their limitations but they are proven in being able to rescue a seemingly doomed club from relegation and that was what I was specifically referring to.

Yes sorry I went off on a tangent and launched into the most recent round of British manager signings.
All of which were signed as relegation rescuers and yet, with the exception of not very popular Allardyce, are staring down the barrel of failure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here