Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday Night "Tomorow's a big'un" drinking thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of pints of Hepworth Old Ale which is really rather good, followed by a couple of Woodford Reserves. Big night out tomorrow including my first visit to Latino Grill.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can of Red Stripe and 2 Pot Noodles (Chicken and Mushroom).
Almond Magnum
1/4 of a litre of Famous Grouse

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been on a bit of a bender today, I'm not proud to admit. Jury service finished at 11.45, so I was at something of a loose end. Ended up mincing into town, having a pub lunch (getting a receipt as I can claim £5.71 back from the Queen on expenses). One thing led to another, I got embroiled watching the curling, and eventually rolled home at about 9.30. Battered.

Sorry. Am I even on the right thread ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can of Red Stripe and 2 Pot Noodles (Chicken and Mushroom).
Almond Magnum
1/4 of a litre of Famous Grouse

Living. The. Dream.

Makes me feel better for filling up my wine glass (drained of Prosecco) with some ropey Old Rosie cider I found in the house.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been on a bit of a bender today, I'm not proud to admit. Jury service finished at 11.45, so I was at something of a loose end. Ended up mincing into town, having a pub lunch (getting a receipt as I can claim £5.71 back from the Queen on expenses). One thing led to another, I got embroiled watching the curling, and eventually rolled home at about 9.30. Battered.

Sorry. Am I even on the right thread ?

Post of the day (back-dated to Friday).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Post of the day (back-dated to Friday).

I also managed to upset someone in my local, who got a phone call at the bar and had to leave, as his dog needed taking to the vets. He came back about an hour or two later. I asked jovially, and unwisely "so, is it an ex-dog ?". Yup. It had liver cancer, it had just been put down.

FML.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Saturday night addition... last time.i opened one of these we beat WBA at home.
bfc6a884de55a9cec3d1c4d106d28e6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well, after today I am ON IT. We'd had a nice day. Wife took my son to cricket training, had some lunch all went to the gym. Decided on a swift pint and follow the results in the pub before going home. Brighton two nil up! About to leave the pub.....

Then some ****ing scroat in a Suzuki Swift decided to lose control of his car and somehow do this to mine as it was parked outside the boozer. It's almost impossible to drive that quickly on that bit of road and it's not on a bend.

Took out the Mazda next to it too. Two little kids had been getting out of it five minutes earlier.

Fortunately he was insured and it's fleet insurance, his boss turned up and it'll all be sorted. More fortunately nobody got hurt.

It's just a car, I know. But **** **** ****! I love my car.

So I'm drinking.

Thanks Albion for making today brilliant nonetheless and my son for keeping me updated on the score as I was dealing with the police etc.

The driver was taken away btw, didn't seem pissed but reckon he might have been stoned. Made me think about those kids killed the other day. Could have been the same.

More beer.
4445c961be5478363e5dd83acc0c1fe2.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nothing yet. Won't be long though.

I wish...been on 8 Tramadol a day for nearly 2 weeks: means no alcohol whatsoever :tantrum:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Well, after today I am ON IT. We'd had a nice day. Wife took my son to cricket training, had some lunch all went to the gym. Decided on a swift pint and follow the results in the pub before going home. Brighton two nil up! About to leave the pub.....

Then some ****ing scroat in a Suzuki Swift decided to lose control of his car and somehow do this to mine as it was parked outside the boozer. It's almost impossible to drive that quickly on that bit of road and it's not on a bend.

Took out the Mazda next to it too. Two little kids had been getting out of it five minutes earlier.

Fortunately he was insured and it's fleet insurance, his boss turned up and it'll all be sorted. More fortunately nobody got hurt.

It's just a car, I know. But **** **** ****! I love my car.

So I'm drinking.

Thanks Albion for making today brilliant nonetheless and my son for keeping me updated on the score as I was dealing with the police etc.

The driver was taken away btw, didn't seem pissed but reckon he might have been stoned. Made me think about those kids killed the other day. Could have been the same.

More beer.
4445c961be5478363e5dd83acc0c1fe2.jpg

As you said, the only saving Grace is no one got hurt. That street doesn't look very wide at all , idiot must have been going at some speed to take out the Mazda and cause that amount of damage to yours . Talk about being bought back down to earth after a great win .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The combination is alright actually.

Sadly not just Tramadol...

I was warned not to combine Tramadol and alcohol: have you tried it? I'm missing my G&T.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As you said, the only saving Grace is no one got hurt. That street doesn't look very wide at all , idiot must have been going at some speed to take out the Mazda and cause that amount of damage to yours . Talk about being bought back down to earth after a great win .

It's just off a main road but one that is generally full of traffic and even if not, nobody would drive quickly on. Three sets of traffic lights in about 200 mtrs etc. God knows how he did it!

Can't tell from the photo but the front of the Mazda was smashed into the wall of the pub and both cars were at about 45 degrees from where they were parked.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's more than the cosmetic damage. I am annoyed.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sadly not just Tramadol...

I was warned not to combine Tramadol and alcohol: have you tried it? I'm missing my G&T.
I smashed my heel to bits in a climbing accident a few years ago. Was prescribed a similar amount of Tramadol while in France, plus loads of other stuff. On the way back I drank copiously and was fine. I'm sure a G&T or two won't do any harm.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here