Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United ticket sales

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At which level do people think these will sell out. As a North West based non- season ticket holder with a bronze membership and well over 50 points, I’m hopeful I will get a ticket on Thursday morning. However my wife wants to come, but has only 47 points. Can I afford to wait until Friday morning to try and get two tickets together?

Any member wanting to go will get a ticket with ease. You'll be fine waiting.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
At which level do people think these will sell out. As a North West based non- season ticket holder with a bronze membership and well over 50 points, I’m hopeful I will get a ticket on Thursday morning. However my wife wants to come, but has only 47 points. Can I afford to wait until Friday morning to try and get two tickets together?

I reckon any member who wants one will get one, and wouldn’t surprise me if they went on general sale.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
For me this one is in the category more I think about it the harder it is to justify the cost

One of the things I love about my seat at Amex is how close it is to pitch - seats we have got are so high up will be like Toon away which was watching down from afar - at least it was a reasonable kick off time though

Might as well play at 3pm on Tuesdays and 7:45pm on Saturdays and reverse tradition in favour of overseas tv coverage

At what point does "the product" become damaged when stadiums become half empty?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For me this one is in the category more I think about it the harder it is to justify the cost

One of the things I love about my seat at Amex is how close it is to pitch - seats we have got are so high up will be like Toon away which was watching down from afar - at least it was a reasonable kick off time though

Might as well play at 3pm on Tuesdays and 7:45pm on Saturdays and reverse tradition in favour of overseas tv coverage

At what point does "the product" become damaged when stadiums become half empty?

Surely Manchester is closer to you than the Amex ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

The problem is we largely suck it up and still go so stadiums are still largely full (or at least the home ends) whatever the ko time, certainly in the Prem anyway, so the product is a long way from being damaged at the moment. Only when fans start voting with their feet and not turning up will questions start to be asked. The home ends will be full so no one will care. In fact i wouldnt be surprised if sky commented on the fact that we haven't sold out (if we don't) at some point during the game without realising the irony. They have a habit of doing that.

Id love a widespread protest but itll never happen i don't reckon. We'll just continue to do what us Brits do best, moan about it :down:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Am hoping to get two tickets have 110 points but not a member.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands

I can get to Amex from my front door in three hours with following wind and not much traffic - 190 miles odd

Old Trafford I would guess is surprisingly longer - only 75 miles but over 2 hours if cut through Peak District or A50/M6 just needs one delay on M6 to make it three hours - local traffic in Manchester will make it longer

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I can get to Amex from my front door in three hours with following wind and not much traffic - 190 miles odd

Old Trafford I would guess is surprisingly longer - only 75 miles but over 2 hours if cut through Peak District or A50/M6 just needs one delay on M6 to make it three hours - local traffic in Manchester will make it longer

No offence mate but the game is being played on Saturday evening. Not midweek with any rush hour involved.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Last time I tried Manchester traffic was on a weekend evening for a Springstein concert at Man City ground - and that was defo busy traffic

Though granted Man U ground is not really in centre of Manchester - but talking to an Albion fan at Stoke train station other week - he had switched from car to train for away games which he put down to fact it took him until 7pm to make it into moving traffic after our game up at Man Utd this season

75k people leaving one place is never gona be quick

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Last time I tried Manchester traffic was on a weekend evening for a Springstein concert at Man City ground - and that was defo busy traffic

Though granted Man U ground is not really in centre of Manchester - but talking to an Albion fan at Stoke train station other week - he had switched from car to train for away games which he put down to fact it took him until 7pm to make it into moving traffic after our game up at Man Utd this season

75k people leaving one place is never gona be quick
Fair enough. Sounds like you have already made your mind up in not going.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem is we largely suck it up and still go so stadiums are still largely full (or at least the home ends) whatever the ko time, certainly in the Prem anyway, so the product is a long way from being damaged at the moment. Only when fans start voting with their feet and not turning up will questions start to be asked. The home ends will be full so no one will care. In fact i wouldnt be surprised if sky commented on the fact that we haven't sold out (if we don't) at some point during the game without realising the irony. They have a habit of doing that.

Id love a widespread protest but itll never happen i don't reckon. We'll just continue to do what us Brits do best, moan about it :down:

I wish you were right, but the top 6 clubs will simply sell premium seats for one off games to football tourists instead. The demand is huge and growing, as the PL 'product' globally goes from strength to strength. The demographic watching football in top 2 divisions has changed so much in the last couple of decades, as the poor have been priced out.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wish you were right, but the top 6 clubs will simply sell premium seats for one off games to football tourists instead. The demand is huge and growing, as the PL 'product' globally goes from strength to strength. The demographic watching football in top 2 divisions has changed so much in the last couple of decades, as the poor have been priced out.

Football culture is dead in this country :tantrum:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The age profile is changing too, supporters are getting older and older

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here