Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United ticket sales

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Email from the club tonight says 'under 400 left'.

Received my ticket, it says that bags larger than 8" x 6" x 2" will not be permitted into the stadium. So, how do you get your flask of tea, newspaper, book for the long train journey and stuff like that into a bag that small? In fact, what is a bag that small - something like a ladies small handbag, or washbag or something?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Received my ticket, it says that bags larger than 8" x 6" x 2" will not be permitted into the stadium. So, how do you get your flask of tea, newspaper, book for the long train journey and stuff like that into a bag that small? In fact, what is a bag that small - something like a ladies small handbag, or washbag or something?

Them the rules, I bought a man bag just for this game and no tablet computers as well

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Them the rules, I bought a man bag just for this game and no tablet computers as well

Last time I went to Old Trafford was 1990 when they were playing Liverpool and I was on my way back to where I was living in North Wales from a long weekend in Manchester. I had a 40L rucksack full of stuff. Wasn't even searched. And some time around then I also went to the old Oxford Utd ground on my way from a conservation working holiday with a full size rucksack full of boots, muddy clothes and a staffordshire billhook. They weren't even interested even though I tried to get them to store my bag somewhere!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Down to last 150, all but a sellout

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

That's the club trying to extract every last penny out of the supporter, but what do you expect from Manure?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

They wouldn't let me in with my bag for the league game, turned away at turnstile. There is a bag drop off point in the car park, where you get given a cloakroom ticket. You then have to queue up to get your bag back after the game. Can take a while.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They wouldn't let me in with my bag for the league game, turned away at turnstile. There is a bag drop off point in the car park, where you get given a cloakroom ticket. You then have to queue up to get your bag back after the game. Can take a while.

Free of charge of course?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

It still isn't a year since the atrocity at the Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena. The city is still jittery even now, and after all that has happened who can blame them?

Not being able to take your bag into the ground is a very small inconvenience in the wider scheme of things.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Last time I went to Old Trafford was 1990 when they were playing Liverpool and I was on my way back to where I was living in North Wales from a long weekend in Manchester. I had a 40L rucksack full of stuff. Wasn't even searched. And some time around then I also went to the old Oxford Utd ground on my way from a conservation working holiday with a full size rucksack full of boots, muddy clothes and a staffordshire billhook. They weren't even interested even though I tried to get them to store my bag somewhere!

Well, i’m going on Saturday and feel mightily relieved that you will be stopped from smuggling in your Staffordshire Billhook..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very much looking forward to this, kind of a free hit with no need for usual league-style away caution, big (and hopefully noisy) away following, bit of Mourinho-baiting........

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't mind if we get beat, as long as we give it a go. First away trip of the season for me!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I wasn't originally able to go because I had a viva exam scheduled for Monday. That's now been pushed back to the following week so I've gone ahead and bagged myself a ticket. Totally pumped for this one! :albion2:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With a lot staying over can see the Albion faithful will be well lubricated for kick off

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Last time I went to Old Trafford was for the FA cup game in the early 90s.
I had a shitty old car and parked up in a back street near the ground.
A bunch of young oiks swaggered up and did the '£5 to watch your car' thing.
I told them that it was well insured and that I didn't go he a **** if it got vandalised and that the boot didn't lock.
Had a couple of hand tools and some window cleaning stuff in the boot.
I gave them £2.
When I got back to the car after the game someone had cleaned the windows.

100% true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here