Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United ticket sales

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was early, and 331, 332, & 333 were each showing availability of 920 +/- 25. Hope that’s helpful...

Bozza, I reckon each block has about 1000 seats gross, I uspect they will block off the first 2 or 3 rows (to counteract the risk of people lobbing stuff over), so I reckon each section has about 940 seats on sale. 6 of those makes about 5500.

I was straight on at 10am, and got row 7 of the central section 333. So I think this is about right. I’ve heard some people are holding on waiting for middle tier to go on sale, but there is no chance in hell of that happening.

Thanks - it does sound like c1000 per block then, which would mean c1750 sold today, with 1250ish left on sale and three blocks being held in reserve.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
kinda pissed off but not surprised that they haven’t rewarded those that have been to all the previous games cup games so glad if this is the case.

Surely the reason you're not surprised is because the club's ticketing priority system is clear and consistent: go to games, get points, move up the priority ladder for future games. I'm not sure when the club last did a "collect a (virtual) ticket stub, to get to attend a future game" thing.

I'm also not sure that many people who have been to any of the prior Cup games and want to go to the quarter-final will miss out if they don't want to.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Well I won’t be going.I totally understand why the club chose not to take the full allocation of 8500.I will be surprised if we sell the 5500 tickets we have agreed on.Remember we have already played at Old Trafford this season & I was there.I understand that this is the FA cup quarter finals but the game will be live on Tv & will not finish until 9.30 at the earliest.with no way of getting back by train.
Not forgetting that the week before we will playing at Everton & I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I won’t be going.I totally understand why the club chose not to take the full allocation of 8500.I will be surprised if we sell the 5500 tickets we have agreed on.Remember we have already played at Old Trafford this season & I was there.I understand that this is the FA cup quarter finals but the game will be live on Tv & will not finish until 9.30 at the earliest.with no way of getting back by train.
Not forgetting that the week before we will playing at Everton & I will be there.

We will sell 5500. The full allocation was 11000

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We will sell 5500. The full allocation was 11000

Obviously you know more than anybody else at the club.
I read that we could of had 3000,5500 or 8500 & we chose 5500.
I have also heard that nobody ever gets 11000 even though that is 15% of 75000.
I hope you put the people straight that have obviously given out the wrong information.

I hope you put the people straight that have obviously given out the wrong information.

Only sharing what I understand to be the case. Clearly the 5500 being sold is an opinion. Maybe other posters, at a more reasonable hour will confirm the allocation options.

In the meatime the following quote from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] on the other thread might give more substance

I understand the club had the option of a range of ticket allocations ranging from c3,000 right up to c11,000 but whatever they take they have to pay for. Very difficult to judge demand given the time of day, transport and live TV, but I think they've called it correctly.

Last edited:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria

Burton got, and sold, 11,000 in the Cup.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Paul Barber on bbc sussex says that we sold 25% of our allocation yesterday.

I had been asked to go on and explain impacts of the game time on fans - didnt realise i would be on against the dark lord himself (only joking paul for when you read this. Please dont send [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] another email)

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Like has been already said 4 good reasons for not going myself.
1. Doing Everton the week before
2. Been already this season
3. Would need to stay up there and with 2 boys in tow well I don't want to have to remortgage the house
4. Chris will probably play a slightly weakened team

Summary is if we were at home 7.45 or not v man u would have gone

Paul Barber on bbc sussex says that we sold 25% of our allocation yesterday.

I had been asked to go on and explain impacts of the game time on fans - didnt realise i would be on against the dark lord himself (only joking paul for when you read this. Please dont send [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] another email)

That sounds fairly healthy sales to me. Not surprised many regular travellers have decided to save some money on this but this still leaves a very big pool of potential purchasers coming up who will fancy this one-off occasion

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Like has been already said 4 good reasons for not going myself.
1. Doing Everton the week before
2. Been already this season
3. Would need to stay up there and with 2 boys in tow well I don't want to have to remortgage the house
4. Chris will probably play a slightly weakened team

Summary is if we were at home 7.45 or not v man u would have gone

I would say the only valid reason for you not going is number 3 !

The other 3 reasons are trumped by the fact it’s the 1/4 final of the FA Cup !!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just going on to buy now as didn't have time yesterday, about 1,100 on sale so I presume they will be realising more in due course? All the ones I can see on sale are in the top tier behind the goal atm?

Last edited:

That sounds fairly healthy sales to me. Not surprised many regular travellers have decided to save some money on this but this still leaves a very big pool of potential purchasers coming up who will fancy this one-off occasion

Agreed. As the announcement was at 10am yesterday, many would not have even been aware of the arrangements or the fact tickets were on sale until they were home from work last night.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
£45 for an adult ticket is a bit steep (I know there is an £8 discount for STHs) - I assume the £30 max goes out of the window for cup games then ? Personally I can’t afford this one on top of going to Everton the week before.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just going on to buy now as didn't have time yesterday, about 1,100 on sale so I presume they will be realising more in due course? All the ones I can see on sale are in the top tier behind the goal atm?

Three whole blocks, so c3000 seats, not released yet.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Agreed. PB was adamant that tv times put some people off but that this would be a sellout. Sadly i didnt get a chance to challenge back on the palace game where the tv time did impact attendances

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here