Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] prison sentences in the uk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
People driving tired are more dangerous so you think sentencing should be harsher for them too? People who text are as bad as them there are people that drive over 100mph or incredibly dangerously. Who are much worse so we do the same for them too then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People driving tired are more dangerous so you think sentencing should be harsher for them too? People who text are as bad as them there are people that drive over 100mph or incredibly dangerously. Who are much worse so we do the same for them too then.

Texting is as bad as anything. Tests carried out showed worse perception than when drink driving. Eyes and fingers concentrating on that tiny screen and keyboard.

A lot of penalty points, with no mitigation permissable, should do the trick. Bans where there's a failure to get the message.

The bottom line is that the inncent are being killed or left maimed by the incredibly selfish.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Texting is as bad as anything. Tests carried out showed worse perception than when drink driving. Eyes and fingers concentrating on that tiny screen and keyboard.

A lot of penalty points, with no mitigation permissable, should do the trick. Bans where there's a failure to get the message.

The bottom line is that the inncent are being killed or left maimed by the incredibly selfish.
Self driving cars can’t come soon enough I would still take my chances over a drunk driver than a tired driver or someone staring at their phone.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

I agree driving tired is extremely dangerous, but virtually impossible to police.

Drink driving and using phones is cut and dried. Harsh sentences would nearly cut out the crime completely.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Phone use on the roads is really ****ing scary. It's massively dangerous and it's EVERYWHERE. Most worrying being on motorways where the 60mph middle lane hogger (with nothing else on the inside lane for miles) these days invariably tends to be texting. *****!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Prison or holiday camp?

Someone I knew was sent to prison and was released last year after serving about a year. He came out a broken man - lost all his confidence and was a bag of bones. Don't believe the hype that prison is easy .... and nor should it be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here