Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the FLAIREST of them all? 2018- nominations thread

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I nominate Jonny Dixon who I believe dated Holly Valance while he was with us (may explain why he made only a handful of appearances).

Think he went on to become a TV producer and seem to recall he had some involvement with Come Dine with Me and a Jodie Marsh programme.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I nominate Jonny Dixon who I believe dated Holly Valance while he was with us (may explain why he made only a handful of appearances).

Think he went on to become a TV producer and seem to recall he had some involvement with Come Dine with Me and a Jodie Marsh programme.

She went on to marry a multi..multi millionaire

Oct 25, 2003
A gentle tip to anyone nominating anyone pre-Withdean. This is likely to be an absolute millennial fest so any player from pre-Withdean will need a bit of bigging up explaining in details WHY your nomination was flair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A bit of info on Frank Worthington.

It is the revelations about sex and drugs which have made all the tabloid headlines immediately after the publication of One Hump or Two. Frank tells us: "I thought it was about time I put some of the wild times I spent in football down in print. I wanted people to know that Paul Merson wasn't the first to be involved in drugs. I admit I snorted cocaine and smoked dope. It was all part of the crazy scene at the time.

Frank also goes on to tell tales of how he bedded a string of seventies supermodels, including Miss Barbados and Mandy Rice-Davies. The former Leeds striker had an impressive scoring record - off the pitch.

"George Best had a reputation with the ladies but I had more than my fair share. There's one story in the book about how I managed to seduce a Swedish teenager and her mother. They were great days."

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
To me, flair and talent are actually two different things. To be truly flair, you need to flatter to deceive at every available opportunity. So players who are actually talented wouldn't be included, IMHO.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kurt "cool as a cucumber" Nogan.

DPeVV9rW4AAHyuZ.jpg

Check out his stats - 1992–1995 Brighton & Hove Albion 97(49 goals) with around 20 goals in cup games too. Better than Murray (imho), in far, far worse teams. He also cost us NOTHING.

Also when I was young his name sounded kind of exotic... I used to wonder who was Kurt Nogan?!? (living as I do in Northumberland) for some reason I pictured the big bloke from Cool Runnings... "This doesn't mean that I like you... DON'T touch me etc."

How wrong I was.

FLAIR.

Peace be the journey.

Last edited:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Goalkeeper. David Gonzalez.

Loan from Man City.

COLOMBIAN.

FLAIR name.

HUGE gloves.

Looked like he had never played in goal before.

That Barnsley debut. Seemed that even a shot off target would somehow go in with him between the sticks.

Has a pony tail in this picture for added flair points.
0309f652ddb1c91babd236a8c6377115.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
CKR - certainly had the attitude and a host of minders. Scored one or two crackers for us, and then blazed an unlikely trail at a high level in Europe.
Jonny Dixon?
Eighties flashback: Sammy Nelson - a bit of a character, never averse to mixing it with the opposition, winding up opposing fans etc

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Jamie moralee/Daniella Westbrook
Peter Suddaby /Maureen Nolan

Partners who were more famous than the player

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To me, flair and talent are actually two different things. To be truly flair, you need to flatter to deceive at every available opportunity. So players who are actually talented wouldn't be included, IMHO.

Quite right.

As TL succinctly put the last time we did this; the flairest player in this competition wouldn't actually win it, but would dazzle before losing before the final.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I reckon Don Shanks has to be worth a shout. Played in the flair QPR team of the mid-seventies (finished 2nd in Division One in 1975-76), was a gambling partner of Stan Bowles, and dated the then-Miss World Mary Stavin:-

DonShanks.jpg

Admittedly a right-back wouldn't be your typical FLAIR position but Schelotto helps to counter that fallacious argument and he did once help Albion storm back to earn a point against Liverpool after being 3-1 down - QPR’s Shanks risked the dole queue to join Brighton

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here