Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the FLAIREST of them all? 2018- nominations thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite right.

As TL succinctly put the last time we did this; the flairest player in this competition wouldn't actually win it, but would dazzle before losing before the final.

That'll be Vicente, then :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kurt "cool as a cucumber" Nogan.

DPeVV9rW4AAHyuZ.jpg

Check out his stats - 1992–1995 Brighton & Hove Albion 97(49 goals) with around 20 goals in cup games too. Better than Murray (imho), in far, far worse teams. He also cost us NOTHING.

Also when I was young his name sounded kind of exotic... I used to wonder who was Kurt Nogan?!? (living as I do in Northumberland) for some reason I pictured the big bloke from Cool Runnings... "This doesn't mean that I like you... DON'T touch me etc."

How wrong I was.

FLAIR.

Peace be the journey.

No.

(no, no no no no, no no no no, no no no no Nogan). Seconded.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lorenzo Pinamonte. Got him on loan and he scored as well as Bobby Z (who we had had on loan around tht time). He was our main transfer target (Bobby Z in second place). Withdean South Stand chanted 'Argentina, Argentina' (somewhat bafflingly. Then he turned down signing for us to join the mighty...... Brentford. Where he was a massive flop. Came sniffing back around us, but was told to sod off (so I am unreliably informed). Had lovely hair. Was almost certainly 100% more shit than I remember him (which is as a potential World Cup winner).

D

Deleted User X18H

Hans Kraay jnr has to be in there surely? Invented a new corner tactic, banned for pushing a ref over (pre-Albion), sent off in a reserve game for fouling John Crumplin then kicking him whilst on the ground, had a top 3 record (admittedly in Holland, but even so), TV presenter. What's not to like?

https://thegoldstonewrap.com/tag/hans-kraay/

Hans Kraay went out with Mark Ormerods sister.

Or summink like that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alan Duffy. Beardy Northern waster. Scruffy. Overweight. Looked like he was not gasping for a pint and a fag, because he'd had several before kick off. Allegedly had a hareem full of avid totty. Did an amazing shot which hit the right post, flew behind the keeper's back, hit the other post and out. He shrugged like he couldn't give a stuff. Didn't last long at the Albion. Yet he is still remembered. By me, anyway.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Lorenzo Pinamonte. Got him on loan and he scored as well as Bobby Z (who we had had on loan around tht time). He was our main transfer target (Bobby Z in second place). Withdean South Stand chanted 'Argentina, Argentina' (somewhat bafflingly. Then he turned down signing for us to join the mighty...... Brentford. Where he was a massive flop. Came sniffing back around us, but was told to sod off (so I am unreliably informed). Had lovely hair. Was almost certainly 100% more shit than I remember him (which is as a potential World Cup winner).

I think I can firmly second big Lorenzo, mainly for the hair and that debut goal.

Yes, seconded.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Could Shane Duffy be an option after his promotion celebration antics? Also, he heads the **** out of the ball at all times even if it is unnecessary to do so

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He was our main transfer target (Bobby Z in second place). Withdean South Stand chanted 'Argentina, Argentina' (somewhat bafflingly. Then he turned down signing for us to join the mighty...... Brentford. Where he was a massive flop. Came sniffing back around us, but was told to sod off (so I am unreliably informed).

Ha! You've created a nice little narrative there even if it plays fast and loose with the facts!

Pinamonte came on loan in December 1999 and was decent enough that his one-month loan was extended to a second month and then Dick Knight made an undisclosed bid to Bristol City to sign him permanently, pledging to pull out all the stops to make it happen. Unfortunately, we just couldn't compete with Brentford who bought him for 75k and his loan to us was cut short.

Eight days later we signed Bobby Zamora on loan from the other Bristol club.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Cant be arsed to read the thread so - Alan Duffy for that goal in the south stand :thumbsup:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Bobby Smith (the ex Spurs one, of course). I know that flair didn't really exist in black and white, but wasn't the story that we signed him on the basis of paying off his creditors, some rather heavy bookies in London and to allow him to put at least 50 miles between them and their debt collectors..

Oct 25, 2003
I’d like to nominate my boy Federico Turienzo.

He set the bar for “foreign flops”. He came with a bit of fan fare having been highly recommended, he had a YouTube compilation of him BANGING in the goals, he played for us on trial and was utter shit but we signed him anyway, completely ill equipped for English football, played 4 games (we lost them all) before fading into obscurity

Those of us at his debut were excited- he hit the bar and dived to try and win a penalty in a 5 minute period- he did nothing of note outside of those 5 mins

And what a Latino hunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Toby Agdestein and Carl Wilson-Dennis HAVE to be in the mix, surely?

Edit: So CWD never played for us, but Toby did.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Alan Duffy. Beardy Northern waster. Scruffy. Overweight. Looked like he was not gasping for a pint and a fag, because he'd had several before kick off. Allegedly had a hareem full of avid totty. Did an amazing shot which hit the right post, flew behind the keeper's back, hit the other post and out. He shrugged like he couldn't give a stuff. Didn't last long at the Albion. Yet he is still remembered. By me, anyway.
and got sent of in the tunnel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here