Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City away - What are the options?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry, I know this has been done before but what dates are possible for this? Anyone worked this out in respect of Champions league dates etc.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Sorry, I know this has been done before but what dates are possible for this? Anyone worked this out in respect of Champions league dates etc.

Here you go. City fixture list on which I've indicated possible dates for City vs Albion.

Looks like mid-April could be a good bet. Hopefully City will have the PL title wrapped up by then and the first team concentrating on CL semi-finals.

Almost certain to be a midweek fixture unless April 21 applies in the circumstances described below

March
Mon Mar 12 20:00 - Stoke City (a)
W/E Mar 17 (FAC QF)
Sun Mar 18 16:00- Brighton and Hove Albion (h) - moved as Brighton are in FAC QF
W/E Mar 24 - INTERNATIONALS
Sat Mar 31 17:30 - Everton (a)

April
Apr 03/04 19:45 (CL QF 1st Leg)
W/E Apr 07 - Manchester United (h)
Apr 10/11 19:45 (CL QF 2nd Leg)
W/E Apr 14 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)
APR 17, 18 - AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE
W/E Apr 21 (FAC SF)
W/E Apr 21 - Swansea City (h) – unless Swansea are in FA Cup SF
ALBION ARE DUE TO PLAY SPURS THAT W/E SO IF SPURS AND SWANSEA BOTH REACH THE FA CUP SF (AND ALBION DON'T) THEN ALBION COULD PLAY CITY W/E APR 21
APR 24/25 19:45 (CL SF 1st Leg) --- AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE IF CITY KNOCKED OUT IN CL QFs
W/E Apr 28 - West Ham United (a)

May
MAY 01/02 19:45 (CL SF 2nd Leg) --- AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE IF CITY KNOCKED OUT IN CL QFs
W/E May 05 - Huddersfield Town (h)
MAY 8, 9, 10 - AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE
Sun May 13 - Southampton (a)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Here you go. City fixture list on which I've indicated possible dates for City vs Albion.

Looks like mid-April could be a good bet. Hopefully City will have the PL title wrapped up by then and the first team concentrating on CL semi-finals.

Almost certain to be a midweek fixture unless April 21 applies in the circumstances described below

March
Mon Mar 12 20:00 - Stoke City (a)
W/E Mar 17 (FAC QF)
Sun Mar 18 16:00- Brighton and Hove Albion (h) - moved as Brighton are in FAC QF
W/E Mar 24 - INTERNATIONALS
Sat Mar 31 17:30 - Everton (a)

April
Apr 03/04 19:45 (CL QF 1st Leg)
W/E Apr 07 - Manchester United (h)
Apr 10/11 19:45 (CL QF 2nd Leg)
W/E Apr 14 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)
APR 17, 18 - AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE
W/E Apr 21 (FAC SF)
W/E Apr 21 - Swansea City (h) – unless Swansea are in FA Cup SF
ALBION ARE DUE TO PLAY SPURS THAT W/E SO IF SPURS AND SWANSEA BOTH REACH THE FA CUP SF (AND ALBION DON'T) THEN ALBION COULD PLAY CITY W/E APR 21
APR 24/25 19:45 (CL SF 1st Leg) --- AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE IF CITY KNOCKED OUT IN CL QFs
W/E Apr 28 - West Ham United (a)

May
MAY 01/02 19:45 (CL SF 2nd Leg) --- AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE IF CITY KNOCKED OUT IN CL QFs
W/E May 05 - Huddersfield Town (h)
MAY 8, 9, 10 - AVAILABLE DATE FOR MIDWEEK FIXTURE
Sun May 13 - Southampton (a)
Spurs and Swansea cannot both reach the Semi Finals as they are in the same Quarter Final if they win their replays.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cheers SUA Seagull, most kind. I assume we are not allowed to play 20/21st March with internationals that weekend.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry for all the questions but anyone know when April fixtures are decided for TV too?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Spurs and Swansea cannot both reach the Semi Finals as they are in the same Quarter Final if they win their replays.

That’s absolutely right BV – I wasn’t thinking straight!:blush:

The only way City won’t play Swansea on the w/e of 21 April is:

if Spurs and Swansea both make it through their R5 replays to the QFs, then:

• Swansea beat Spurs, we beat Man U, in which case we’ll be in the SF that w/e:albion2:, or
• Swansea beat Spurs, we lose to Man U, in which case we’ll play Spurs that w/e, or

if only Swansea makes it through its R5 replay to the QFs then:

• Swansea wins its QF, we beat Man U, in which case we’ll be in the SF that w/e:albion2:, or
• Swansea wins its QF, we lose to Man U, in which case we’ll play Spurs that w/e.

Any other combination (Spurs or another team beating Swansea in the QF or Swansea not making it to the QF) will see City play Swansea that w/e as scheduled.

It will therefore not be possible for City vs Albion to be rescheduled to the w/e of 21 April and which, in turn, means we're looking at a midweek trip up north.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
CRACKED IT.

Seeing as it's more or less 2 different sides...play it on the Sunday after the MU game.

Bear with me.

City do not have a match scheduled. Anyone (eg. Stephens) fancying a half in each game could do so.

The fans are ecstatic as the long journey is broken up with 2 high profile matches. TWO.

Winner, winner chicken (not KFC) dinner.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Is there a firm date for the announcement of the actual date of City away? I'm trying to diarise a weekend in Manchester to coincide with either Utd Cup or City games. Trying to get this sorted with family & friends up there is logistically challenging enough without these clubs prevaricating about when City game's going to occur.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
On the basis this game was originally scheduled to be on Sky, I reckon Sky will remain committed to screening this game on whatever the new date is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here