Will you be going to the FA Cup quarter-final

• Yes!

Votes: 93 29.0%
  • No - but I would have gone with a reasonable kick-off day/time

Votes: 118 36.8%
  • No - but I wouldn't have gone regardless

Votes: 110 34.3%

• Total voters

Swings and roundabouts. For those of us who don’t have the away loyalty points to see any of the top 6 grounds this season, this is an opportunity to do that. My lad is delighted that we can get tickets.

We’ll see but I’ll be surprised if we don’t sell our allocation when you consider Crawley shifted 9,000 in 2011 at 5.30pm.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Not going.
I am already committed to helping behind the bar at my village rugby club as its 6 nations decider day. Probably would have gone on the sunday. Also went to the league game earlier anyway.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Will be at Everton, City, Burnley and Liverpool so something has to give and this tie is it sadly.

The kickoff time is ridiculous and shows the utter contempt for travelling fans that you'd expect from the FA and television companies but at least it does afford an opportunity for a big day out to those who are locked out of the PL away games through lack of points. I think this will still sell out and the team will be well backed. I'll be cheering on from a distance in the pub though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe, maybe not. The kick-off time doesn't bother me too much, I'd drive. It's more a question of our lukewarm attitude to the Cup. It's an FA Cup QF tie at Manchester Utd FFS! The club should be buzzing, the City should be getting Cup fever, selling scarves and flags to everyone, shop windows getting adorned with the blue and white. Endless clips and pictures of the '83 Final should be getting dug back out.

Instead, we hear that staying up would be a greater achievement than winning the Cup, and knowing that there won't be any sort of decent Cup fever about this tie, largely because the debate in the run up to the game will inevitably centre around "how many players do we rest" the club decide they better not go for the full allocation at OT because they could be difficult to shift.

I want to get enthusiastic about this because it SHOULD be a big occasion, but I'm struggling to believe that we will play our part in making it thus.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It does seem a bit of a waste of a night out in Manchester when considering the time of the kick off and possibility of extra time and penalties. In my older age I'm not much of a night owl, probably be in bed by midnight.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
For years I’ve been waiting for this draw to come out, I would think its first on the list for most teams to draw Man Utd away in the cup, well definitely lower league teams.
The gloss for me is been taken off now we are a prem team, but would have gone anyway but can’t.
I’ll be in Banff and will have to finish skiing early to get on it and hopefully see us embarrass Paul Scholes.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Maybe, maybe not. The kick-off time doesn't bother me too much, I'd drive. It's more a question of our lukewarm attitude to the Cup. It's an FA Cup QF tie at Manchester Utd FFS! The club should be buzzing, the City should be getting Cup fever, selling scarves and flags to everyone, shop windows getting adorned with the blue and white. Endless clips and pictures of the '83 Final should be getting dug back out.

Instead, we hear that staying up would be a greater achievement than winning the Cup, and knowing that there won't be any sort of decent Cup fever about this tie, largely because the debate in the run up to the game will inevitably centre around "how many players do we rest" the club decide they better not go for the full allocation at OT because they could be difficult to shift.

I want to get enthusiastic about this because it SHOULD be a big occasion, but I'm struggling to believe that we will play our part in making it thus.

The Cup fever can wait until/if we get to the final. Nobody ever got really excited by a quarter final.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Cup fever can wait until/if we get to the final. Nobody ever got really excited by a quarter final.

I'm guessing you were around in 1983 then. There was plenty of excitement ahead of the Norwich game.

Modern football eh? We don't begin to get excited until the Final. What a sad state of affairs we've somehow got ourselves to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I was mega excited when we played Norwich in the cup quarter-final

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nope , booked a weekend away ice fishing for my birthday , i mean what a bunch of clowns winning 3 games on the trot to get to the quarter finals .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was mega excited when we played Norwich in the cup quarter-final

I'm guessing you were around in 1983 then. There was plenty of excitement ahead of the Norwich game.

Modern football eh? We don't begin to get excited until the Final. What a sad state of affairs we've somehow got ourselves to.

Norwich was a first for the club though so slightly different.

How excited were you for the Southampton game in 1986?

Me: moderately excited, although as much about a weekend away with mates as the game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
bigstock-Fishing-On-Ice-7082763.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here