Votes: 118 36.8%
  • No - but I wouldn't have gone regardless

Votes: 110 34.3%

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not for me, the inconvenient KO and price rules it out for me. The magic of the cup died this year for BHA after the fiasco of the palace game. If by some good fortune we get through to the semi final then That would be great, and as a glory seeker, I’ll probably try and go to Wembley, which is somewhat more convenient if they **** around with KO times.

Last edited:

el punal

This timing of the kick off has completely and utterly buggered up my proposed plans of making the tie. Having been to the League fixture in November, which was ideal for travel being a 3.00 pm start, I was hoping to take my grandson for this tie. Had it been scheduled for lunchtime or even 5.30 on the Saturday or the same times on Sunday that then would have been acceptable. My grandson would have been able to see a once in a lifetime, winner takes all match.

Now, because of the greed and utter thoughtlessness of the TV companies, and the FA, the vast majority of both United and Albion fans are being greatly inconvenienced or even prohibited from attending the game. Shame on you!

So in a nutshell this is one of the main reasons why the FA Cup competition has been so grossly devalued in recent years. I won't be going, nor will my avid 100% Albion supporting grandson. Up yours FA and your television paymasters, and just remember, just for once, that us fans count too. :rant:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes. A ground I have not been to and a good friend wants to make a weekend of it.

Problem is my friend has a purchase history but is not a member. So it's the lowest denominator date for booking.

Hopefully be okay.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fingers crossed for you - I reckon you'll be OK.
Thanks - it is difficult to judge how it will go. Seeing as my mum's Brighton games have included the likes of Burton and Northwich as well a fair few JPT games, it would be nice to get her to OT. (Although I did get them Citeh home tickets)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Myself and the son were going to if we could get there and back in a day

Money is a bit tight so a hotel is out and he has his football club matches on Sunday mornings. Not going to complain about the time and say it is wrong - just means I won't be able to make this one and will watch at home

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes ticket secured hoping to get home just in time for breakfast on Sunday (given it's bound to go to penalties then add in the traffic issues getting away from the ground).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Undecided.

Everton (for the weekend) the week before.

Son, who hasn't missed an away game this season, will no doubt go.

7.45 KO is a pain - but do I really want to miss the chance of 'and I was then when.....' It could be an Anfield / Highbury moment...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were never going. The reasons:

1. Can't stand ManUre and Maureenho. They buy trophies (along with City and a couple of other European clubs). No interest in going to the Theatre of Buying Dreams.

2. Personally, I think they'll ease past us, especially with home advantage. In the same way that I find PL matches against the likes of Watford and Newcastle far more enticing, I don't get excited about watching Brighton being beaten by clubs who spent £700m in fees to gain that advantage.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I’ll buy a ticket, then pick my time to tell Mrs KK; lets see how she reacts...��

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
hey hey, yup two tickets in the bag.

Rooms booked at HHE Salford Keys, 2@165, don't fancy sharing with bro in law, he would end up walking me coz i snore far too loud.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, but was never going to. Did Man U for the weekend for the league game as it was my birthday weekend. No way the Mrs is going to tolerate me doing that again. Plus we're going to a family fundraising do for the friend of a friend on the afternoon of the 17th. There's a couple of Brighton and a Man U fan going to that too so I think we're decided that we'll just hit the pub straight after the fundraiser.

The time takes the piss though. it's absolutely a TV time and not a live game time. Get used to it too - with the new deal there'll be more Saturday evening games in the Premier League soon.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I voted yes on behalf of my husband because he has been to every cup tie this season, inc Boro away. I'm not going now, but would have gone if it had been a decent kick off time.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep night out in manc

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Are you staying another night, then? You’ll spend most of the Saturday night at OT!

It’s a no from me as I’d assumed Man City would be in the quarter finals and planned other things for the weekend.

The cup is an awkward one for me this year as I can’t make the semi final or final dates either and so far haven’t missed any game the Albion have played at Wembley (either stadium incarnation). I’ve never wanted us to lose a game, but I’ll be less disappointed than most if we lose this one.

Oh, and you’ll have to adjust the poll.

I’m not voting on principle / Tapatalk.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, my Cup Final was against Palace. I’ll leave the glory hunters who couldn’t be arsed with that game to scrap for the tix at United :lol:

Shame that those that went to Boro don’t get first dibs for United tix, they are the most deserving of getting a ticket imo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here