Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This Euro Ultra thing......

el punal

On this board with the predominantly passive, middle-class, one-foot-in-the-grave userbase, I doubt the finer points will be debated with any merit.

Hold your horses, matey boy! That is a hell of a sweeping statement. On what grounds do you conclude that those of us who contribute to this board are anything like you describe. Most Albion fans, as with most football fans, are a completely diverse bunch of people from all walks of life and from all different backgrounds. So can the same be said for those read and post on NSC.

Don't belittle yourself and don't insult our intelligence or our passion for supporting the club in our own way. Each and every one of us contributes to following the Albion - THAT is the most important factor in all of this.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Ok, We give Palace heaps for trying to emulate these Ultra mobs, but this link came up on my Google after reading about the Spartak shenanigans yesterday.... I would love it if the Amex could generate even a % of this enthusiasm.... just thinking out loud.

https://youtu.be/H9YlnHfI4D0

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Love the Legia Warsaw thing, am curious how they organized that?

To be honest it was always the atmosphere that got me hooked on going to watch the football, rather than being an armchair fan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most people on NSC seem to be middle-aged and older so probably last place to get any enthusiasm for Ultras. Need lots more younger fans (mid teens to mid 20s) at the Amex to get the noise levels up.

And more working class, and a bit more thick. And the minute you get the thought in your head that football is panto, with the referee as widow Twanky, and the fat lino as buttons, you are basically finished as an 'ultra'. It will be like the effect on your old chap of suddenly noticing that your missus reminds you of your mum. Finished.

Also, you must never ever laugh at a football match (unless it is in cruel mockery of away players or fans, or the ref) or all that ultra mojo will melt like next week's snow by next Friday.

If you want to be an ultra, find some mates thicker than you, get pissed before the game (ideally on lager so you have a full bladder which, as Enoch Powell once wrote, focuses the mind) and don't stop chanting and clapping at any point during the game or else there is a danger the brain may start working, and you'll start asking questions and becoming introspective. Than, as an ultra, you're FINISHED.

So, turning the Amex into a replica of somewhere in Turkey or Russia, except weedier and more spotty . . . it's a no from me.

(If the lad who sits next to me is reading this....ok I'm a massive noisy hypocrite....what of it....want some? :lolol:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hold your horses, matey boy! That is a hell of a sweeping statement. On what grounds do you conclude that those of us who contribute to this board are anything like you describe. Most Albion fans, as with most football fans, are a completely diverse bunch of people from all walks of life and from all different backgrounds. So can the same be said for those read and post on NSC.

Don't belittle yourself and don't insult our intelligence or our passion for supporting the club in our own way. Each and every one of us contributes to following the Albion - THAT is the most important factor in all of this.

What he said.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
And more working class, and a bit more thick. And the minute you get the thought in your head that football is panto, with the referee as widow Twanky, and the fat lino as buttons, you are basically finished as an 'ultra'. It will be like the effect on your old chap of suddenly noticing that your missus reminds you of your mum. Finished.

Also, you must never ever laugh at a football match (unless it is in cruel mockery of away players or fans, or the ref) or all that ultra mojo will melt like next week's snow by next Friday.

If you want to be an ultra, find some mates thicker than you, get pissed before the game (ideally on lager so you have a full bladder which, as Enoch Powell once wrote, focuses the mind) and don't stop chanting and clapping at any point during the game or else there is a danger the brain may start working, and you'll start asking questions and becoming introspective. Than, as an ultra, you're FINISHED.

So, turning the Amex into a replica of somewhere in Turkey or Russia, except weedier and more spotty . . . it's a no from me.

(If the lad who sits next to me is reading this....ok I'm a massive noisy hypocrite....what of it....want some? :lolol:)

U ok

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The Yanks can put on a good show too. (46 seconds in) Entire North Stand bouncing with a reformed Gullys girls doing their stuff, what's not to like? .. :rave:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Most people on NSC seem to be middle-aged and older so probably last place to get any enthusiasm for Ultras. Need lots more younger fans (mid teens to mid 20s) at the Amex to get the noise levels up.
Not sure I agree. And my 18 year old son definitely doesn't. I just asked him how he feels about it and he said it's just not what he thinks football is all about.

His words but he prefers the spontaneity of British football crowds and you definitely get better terrace banter.

The lad talks sense IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here