Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Don't ban me from driving because....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wouldn't the ban only apply to public roads? As her driveway would be private land can't the lazy entitled cow drive from her front door to the end of the drive way then get out and slum it on the bus with the unwashed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Should have given her 15 days imprisonment rather than 15 days rehabilitation.

440 yard drive, well knock me down with a feather, many people have longer walks to bus stops pr train stations, and given her wealth I'm sure sure could afford a taxi to her front door.

Yet again wealth above justice

D

Deleted User X18H

Wouldn't the ban only apply to public roads? As her driveway would be private land can't the lazy entitled cow drive from her front door to the end of the drive way then get out and slum it on the bus with the unwashed.

That law went out with the arc.

You are required to be licenced and insured to drive a motor vehicle in the U.K. in any situation.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
It was two days after her husband funeral. I liked to think she was drowning her sorrows, but then again she could have been out celebrating!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

You are required to be licenced and insured to drive a motor vehicle in the U.K. in any situation.

Bollocks. I can drive what I like on my own land. i.e. my quad bike does not need insurance or anything else as long as I don’t ride it on a public road.

D

Deleted User X18H

Bollocks. I can drive what I like on my own land. i.e. my quad bike does not need insurance or anything else as long as I don’t ride it on a public road.
You are breaking the law then. A vehicle must be insured unless it has a statutory off road notice.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You are breaking the law then. A vehicle must be insured unless it has a statutory off road notice.

Only if it is licensed no?

We certainly had a driving instructor come to my school and let us drive round the playground when we were 16. And it's common for kids on farms to drive, isn't it?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Hmmm. Just down the road from me.
Single? -tick
Likes a drink? -tick
Female? -tick
Stinking rich? -tick
I would be more than happy to teach her how to pay bills, and would even drive her to the bus stop every morning.

Match made in heaven I reckon...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Utter cobblers (wha'd have thought).

You only need license/insurance if driving on public roads. If you SORN a vehicle (or have an unregistered vehicle delivered) you can do whatever you like on private land.

Go to Arlington and have a look at the bangers, none of them are taxed, neither are F1 cars.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I thought this was the words to a chant along the lines of 'We've got Knockeart' or "Please don't send me home".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here