Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is the best news since.......well ever really.

It is by far the best thing on the telly. I have watch the song for Rosalind about 50 times, it is locked on the planner for all time - Bob is a dark genius and I fancy Sally.

It is pure unbridled joy in an age of fake news, Trump and brexit.

Stewart Lee wouldn't do it, its the wrong platform for him, in fact as my favourite comedian I hope he doesnt as I dont think its a good fit.

Sally is very 'naughty' and playful, and sexy.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Enjoyed the series with Bob Mortimer as I genuinely think he's the funniest man on the planet. However, I just do not see the appeal of Nish Kumar. I have never laughed at anything he has said, I just don't get it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Paul Chowdhry was brilliant on it.

I listened to a podcast where he said he didn't enjoy it as all the other contestants were seasoned panel-comedians and knew how to play up to camera and be over the top.

He isn't like that so his completely dry sense of humour was brilliant throughout the whole series.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I think over a series you get to know the characters and the enjoyment of the show increases as it pans out. This is part of its success. In the last series you know Bob Mortimer will be funny and obscure but I had no idea who Ashling Bea or Nish Kumar were but both had some great moments. Sally Phillips is hot and obviously a bit a goer. Who'd have thought such things were possible with a water cooler

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Paul Chowdhry was brilliant on it.

I listened to a podcast where he said he didn't enjoy it as all the other contestants were seasoned panel-comedians and knew how to play up to camera and be over the top.

He isn't like that so his completely dry sense of humour was brilliant throughout the whole series.

Whoever gave him the standalone challenge "Have the most fun on this bouncy castle for 1 hour" was inspired.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Enjoyed the series with Bob Mortimer as I genuinely think he's the funniest man on the planet. However, I just do not see the appeal of Nish Kumar. I have never laughed at anything he has said, I just don't get it.

Check out Athletico Mince if you like Bob Mortimer. Hilarious Podcast.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Check out Athletico Mince if you like Bob Mortimer. Hilarious Podcast.

Oh I'm with you on that. Have been a fan for a couple of years. The recent episodes with Peter Beardsley have been nothing short of genius. Still waiting for Brighton to feature on Gangs of the EPL though!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Line up: Alice Levene, Asim Chaudry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard & Tim Vine.

I like Tim Vine more when he is himself than when he is doing his act. From what I have seen of 'People Just Do Nothing', Chaudry looks a good choice and I like Liza Tarbuck a lot.

For those who are not over excited by this line up, Chortle says that James Acaster is lined up for a future series: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/39194/taskmaster_gets_four_new_series

Who else would you like to see? Given a pick I'd go for Johnny Vegas or Bridget Christie.

I love Taskmaster, but the fact that the line up includes Russell Howard has massively put me off. I'd quite like to see Jack Whitehall do it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I love Taskmaster, but the fact that the line up includes Russell Howard has massively put me off. I'd quite like to see Jack Whitehall do it.

I have found that Taskmaster moderates comedians I don't particularly like. I'm not fond of Noel Fielding's act, but found him quite funny on this show. The different tasks also give each person a chance to shine in their own way. Mark Watson had been fairly subdued throughout the last series, but the song that he and Nish Kumar made up and played together turned into a series highlight.

Those who have said that Stewart Lee wouldn't be a good pick are probably right. His persona is a calculated character angry that he is not recognised for his genius. I can't see how it could fit into this world of people enjoying messing about together. The grumpiness of Romesh Ranganathan or Paul Chowdry did add an anti-authoritarian aspect that I found very funny when they were reacting to being laughed at, but I don't think that Lee would play this role. I can imagine Bridget Christie or Rhod Gilbert having great fun with it though.

The real strengths for me are the inspired tasks that Alex Horne devises with Tim Key's assistance and the comic double act that Horne and Greg Davies have developed. The concept was originally Horne's, but 'Dave' wanted Davies added because they wanted a bigger name attached. This has worked out really well. The two of them work really well together: Horne's willingness to throw himself into anything in the tasks despite his obvious discomfort is always a treat and Greg Davies is just a brilliant audience, who seems to absolutely love both the clips of the tasks and picking them apart with the contestants.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
How can you like Jake Whitehall but not like Russell Howard.
I don't know. I just don't find Russell Howard funny... at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
The real strengths for me are the inspired tasks that Alex Horne devises with Tim Key's assistance and the comic double act that Horne and Greg Davies have developed. The concept was originally Horne's, but 'Dave' wanted Davies added because they wanted a bigger name attached. This has worked out really well. The two of them work really well together: Horne's willingness to throw himself into anything in the tasks despite his obvious discomfort is always a treat and Greg Davies is just a brilliant audience, who seems to absolutely love both the clips of the tasks and picking them apart with the contestants.

Alex Horne was interviewed before the start of the last season and he said that he didn't want to be the main host as he wanted to be there when the celebrities were carrying out the tasks.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've been thinking of who I would like to see do this show and as they always have a old 'en on the panel I think Bobby Ball would be good. He is good on Not going out and especially Mount Pleasant (wife liked it) He is not laugh out loud funny and certainly wasn't in his 80's hayday. But He is a very likeable chap who I think who put everything into it.

I also think Alex Brooker is much funnier on the last leg than Josh so could be good.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've been thinking of who I would like to see do this show and as they always have a old 'en on the panel I think Bobby Ball would be good. He is good on Not going out and especially Mount Pleasant (wife liked it) He is not laugh out loud funny and certainly wasn't in his 80's hayday. But He is a very likeable chap who I think who put everything into it.

I also think Alex Brooker is much funnier on the last leg than Josh so could be good.

Alex Brooker is probably the least funny guy on TV, He wouldnt even be the funniest bloke in a local pub.

Ivo Graham could be fairly amusing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I reckon Ross Noble would be brilliant on it. He'd logically deconstruct it and then go totally off-piste.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here