Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That looks promising. It was a concern that the US would mess around with it too much, but that promo seems to have kept the whimsical charm of the British version. I'm not aware of any of the contestants except Lisa Lampinelli and given that her insult comic routine would be a bit out of place here, I would guess that she will be more herself and less her stage persona. I already like Ron Funches just for 'Can you say Bubbles for me?' 'No!' 'Okay, thank you so much though.'

Series 6 of the UK version has been trailed and starts next Wednesday.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In case you haven't watched it, the Greg Davies special on Netflix is very funny.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Youtube suggested a Taskmaster made for TV Execs at some Edinburgh.Worth a watch while you are waiting.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Really weak start to this series IMO, Tarbuck and Alice Lavine stand out contestents. The blokes all seem dull and lack any quirky randomness.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Series 7 started this week with the previously mentioned James Acaster along with Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang and Rhod Gilbert (a good friend of the Taskmaster) and it could be "our favourite" series to date - not my words, the words of Little Alex Horne, and after watching the first two episodes it certainly looks like it's going to be a cracker.

Some interviews if anyone is interested

There is at least one incident of genuine anger in this series

Working with Greg Davies is like being a pet

I took every opportunity to insult Greg

I'm struggling for good things to say about Alex Horne

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Don't think anything is going to beat the last series, which was my favourite so far, but this has real potential. Hope they don't overblow the Inbetweeners reunion thing. Paul Sinha could be interesting.

I'm going to miss James Acaster especially but as long as Greg Davis continues in the role of Taskmaster it should be worth watching.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A joyous end to the series.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A joyous end to the series.

That was a brilliant moment in an entertaining series but I get Joe Thomas's point. But then that's the genius of the programme - rarely is there only one way to win a task and everything is at the whim of Greg Davies anyway.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Watched the first episode of Series 9 yesterday. Trying not to give spoilers, but David Baddiel seeming like a genuinely confused old bloke made me laugh a lot. His response to a task that required a bit of dressing up took me back to how joyously crap he was when made to do it by the ever keen Frank Skinner in Fantasy Football League. There seems to be a a promisingly good relationship between all in the studio. I really like that this programme has gradually got more and more female involvement. I know that Alex Horne said it was difficult to persuade women to do it when it started. The atmosphere created in the studio seems to be more collegiate and supporting, as opposed to the aggressive competitiveness of some older panel shows. This tone seems to really suit TM and gives the studio segments more of a family party feel.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Watched the first episode of Series 9 yesterday. Trying not to give spoilers, but David Baddiel seeming like a genuinely confused old bloke made me laugh a lot. His response to a task that required a bit of dressing up took me back to how joyously crap he was when made to do it by the ever keen Frank Skinner in Fantasy Football League. There seems to be a a promisingly good relationship between all in the studio. I really like that this programme has gradually got more and more female involvement. I know that Alex Horne said it was difficult to persuade women to do it when it started. The atmosphere created in the studio seems to be more collegiate and supporting, as opposed to the aggressive competitiveness of some older panel shows. This tone seems to really suit TM and gives the studio segments more of a family party feel.

I loved last nights episode it was brilliant and all of the best elements of Taskmaster.

Jo Brand really surprised me, thought she would just complain about everything, but she really seems to be in the spirit of the program, as you say David Baddiel is going to be amusing as he has no clue what is going on, the ice lolly task being a prime example.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

ooo has it started? It usually takes one or two episodes for the contestants to be less competitive and more amusing. It's the most enjoyable thing on TV. This and Only Connect, bring on the winter nights.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I went to the filming of episode 8 and they flashed up the series leader so far so I know who wins as they were ahead by miles, it was fantastic to see it filmed and the banter between them all. I thought it would be an hour cut down to 25 minutes of program but we were there for nearly 3 hours. So much will have to be cut which is a shame and some repeating gags may have to be cut entirely for continuity.

Badiel was brilliant but clueless and that’s why the idea is magic, some people are intelligent but not street smart. Some are gobby and try to be clever but Greg slaps them back to Earth.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Each contestant for this season (and the previous one) has a mastermind style interview online. Worth a search on YouTube for some extra content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here