Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Will Brexit Actually Happen

Will The UK Leave The EU or Remain in The EU

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I struggle to see how May and Davis’ utter inability and incompetence will result in a deal which the British Parliament and the Lords will vote through. So no. If it does happen the positives will be that Ill focus more and work harder to get a different passport. Either was it won’t affect me but I feel sorry for those left behind.

You were brexit wont happen on the brexit thread.........have you stuck by your guns and cast the same vote on here?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The first thing to go will be human rights so when they **** the poor over even more they won't be able to protest!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
No there won't, bunch of old farts won't do jack

Disagree. The right are far better than the left at getting shit done, there would be mass protests which would almost certainly end up in some sort of disorder.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
May will negotiate the softest of soft Brexits, but won't go through with it without a referendum.

There will be a 3 way referendum - May's Soft Brexit, The no deal exit, and withdraw article 50.

33% Soft Brexit, 33% No deal, 34% withdraw article 50.

We'll stay in and everyone will be happy because it was done democratically ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Brexit is a left/right issue?
Whilst I agree that every racist and right wing xenophobe in the country voted to leave, ive been assured here that its not a left and right issue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is quite obvious that we won't have a hard Brexit, so there will have to be some sort of fudge. The Irish border and GFA are the primary reason for this, that is FAR more of a priority than Brexit no matter how hard the 35 Tory swivel eyed Brexit loons continue to stamp their feet.

But I suppose we had a vote, Brexit won, so some sort of deal has to be struck. It won't be a hard Brexit, but we won't be in the EU either.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is anyone convinced it won't happen? I haven't seen anyone post that for a long time. It's definitely not as certain as some would have hoped but nobody has claimed it won't happen for a while.
Fishing thread from NSC's most annoying troll.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At the moment I'm predicting a half and half, soft-brexit OUT.

There is no parliamentary majority for a hard Brexit, but currently not enough public support for a reversal. It looks like Britain out of the EU, with either 'a' or the existing customs union in place, and an FoM based on enforcing the current the rules rather than ignoring them as we currently do to retain access to the single market. I think that position is sellable to a significant number of leavers and would acceptable to a number of retainers.

Of course this will leave a vocal minority on both sides absolutely furious but then that will be the case whatever the outcome.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we'll be out in name but in through the back door, if the leaders on both side have any sense and play it right. thats a win win for most parties. needs the EU to accept we are leaving politically so devise a way to make it look good. if they want to make it look otherwise, or hold out for abandonment of leaving, it becomes lose lose, EU and UK come out worse off.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It'll be Norway. The Tories when it comes to it won't trash the economy as that'll simply pave the way for a Corbyn Government, and that's their worst nightmare.

Ireland is also totally unsolvable without remaining inside the Single Market.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At the moment I'm predicting a half and half, soft-brexit OUT.

There is no parliamentary majority for a hard Brexit, but currently not enough public support for a reversal. It looks like Britain out of the EU, with either 'a' or the existing customs union in place, and an FoM based on enforcing the current the rules rather than ignoring them as we currently do to retain access to the single market. I think that position is sellable to a significant number of leavers and would acceptable to a number of retainers.

Of course this will leave a vocal minority on both sides absolutely furious but then that will be the case whatever the outcome.

Probably the most likely outcome. Ireland will ultimately save us from the Brexdreamists. The country will be poorer though and there will be less options for the young

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
What will be will be, just concentrate on enjoying your life and making the most of it instead of fretting about sh!t we have no control over .
Have a good day

This is it. I have always been into politics but all the political posturing and media hype has driven me away from Brexit. What will be will be, just get on with life and let it happen.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Probably the most likely outcome. Ireland will ultimately save us from the Brexdreamists. The country will be poorer though and there will be less options for the young

Yep. An exercise in damage imitation, I see no evidence that we will be better off at all.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is anyone convinced it won't happen? I haven't seen anyone post that for a long time. It's definitely not as certain as some would have hoped but nobody has claimed it won't happen for a while.
Fishing thread from NSC's most annoying troll.
? I hope you don't mean me, I'm not a troll, I speak only the truth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here