Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] British Summer Time

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We’re just over four weeks away from British Summer Time, I’ve ironed my mankini and dusted of the flip flops and I’m ready for a Summer of sunshine and fun. Only problem is every year I hear about an event in Sussex and think �� I’ll do that next year and always forget.

Naturally Festival of Speed, Revival and Madehurst Big Night Out are etched in my memory but what are the other Sussex “must do’s” this Summer, with dates please if you have them. Thanks in advance NSC Trip Advisers!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’re just over four weeks away from British Summer Time, I’ve ironed my mankini and dusted of the flip flops and I’m ready for a Summer of sunshine and fun. Only problem is every year I hear about an event in Sussex and think �� I’ll do that next year and always forget.

Naturally Festival of Speed, Revival and Madehurst Big Night Out are etched in my memory but what are the other Sussex “must do’s” this Summer, with dates please if you have them. Thanks in advance NSC Trip Advisers!
You'll be fine. Mankini and flip flops are just the thing at the Festival of Speed. You'll blend in with the crowd perfectly......................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sussex stakes Wednesday 1st of August at Glorious Goodwood. We go every year although it wasn’t so glorious last year - it lashed down all day.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
That's hell for us here as we will be 9 hours ahead then, makes staying up for the Saturday kick offs a bit harder.

No it doesn't, it makes life much easier !!

In Sydney (when we go off Daylight Saving a week later), Sat 3pm K.O will be Midnight rather than 2.am.
Perth would be an hour earlier, 10.pm instead of 11.pm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The British summer is my favourite day of the year

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Quick tip, don’t iron you mankini whilst you are wearing it!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
12 hour lawnmower race , Five Oaks near Billingshurst early August. Overnight lunacy.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's hell for us here as we will be 9 hours ahead then, makes staying up for the Saturday kick offs a bit harder.

But British winters are bleak. Even later this week they're forecasting snow. I can't wait until BST. The best thing of the year. Lovely when it starts getting dark from 7.30pm onwards and can eat my dinner outside with the smell of freshly cut grass. :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You'll be fine. Mankini and flip flops are just the thing at the Festival of Speed. You'll blend in with the crowd perfectly......................

That's just what I thought! Need a tie though in the Kinara Club?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sussex stakes Wednesday 1st of August at Glorious Goodwood. We go every year although it wasn’t so glorious last year - it lashed down all day.

One of the best racing day's of the year, you're right! Thanks!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sussex CCC's white ball season from 17th May - 22nd May. After which that's it for another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here