Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a more boring Premier League fixture than Huddersfield v Brighton?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Not according to BBC world service who used this fixture as an example of the type of fixture that does NOT draw international audiences.

I think I would have gone with Swansea v Watford.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I doubt there was ever much demand for Bolton vs Wigan or Middlesbrough vs Hull in the international market.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I went to one of the main football pubs in Toronto to watch Huddersfield vs Brighton. There were THREE people there. Me and two other Brighton fans.

I guess that backs up their point.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Everyone knows Stoke vs WBA is the dog of the division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And yet the reverse fixture will probably get chosen for telly!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
WBA v Everton
(Or any Pulis team)

Emphasis on height, territory, set pieces, throw ins, get in opponents faces, run down the clock once ahead (even if early), try to hack gifted opponents out of the game, hack down/tug back counter attacking opponents. All = the football I hate.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If you are taking about the match itself then the likes of Liverpool v Man Utd or Arsenal v Chelsea are usually bore fests. The teams are so evenly matched they cancel each other out and it’s usually 0-0 or 1-0 to someone. Yawn.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I went to one of the main football pubs in Toronto to watch Huddersfield vs Brighton. There were THREE people there. Me and two other Brighton fans.

Will hopefully be a fourth Brighton fan by the end of this year, fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I wonder at what point we start attracting randoms from other parts of the country (or the world) who see us play once or twice on TV and then decide they are Brighton fans?

We all know people who mysteriously started supporting clubs that they have no connection with (outside of the really big teams). I wonder if Brighton achieved that in 1979-83 and if we will now?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Will hopefully be a fourth Brighton fan by the end of this year, fingers crossed :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Actually there's already 4 regulars. I think one guy was too hungover for that game :lolol:

We're always looking to expand our newly formed Seagulls over Toronto group* though. I think we've had 4 others turn up on different occasions.

*Other name suggestions gratefully received.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes, but Canadians don't normally go out for pint at seven in the morning, to be fair.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, but Canadians don't normally go out for pint at seven in the morning, to be fair.

10 in the morning (you can't have a pint until 11 though).

There are normally a fair few people there at that time though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yeah I watched last seasons away thrashing in a pub in Tewkesbury and I was the only person in there except for the barmaid and an old local who informed me that football was for queers.

(I know Tewkesbury isn't international but it does feel like another planet)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
10 in the morning (you can't have a pint until 11 though).

There are normally a fair few people there at that time though.

You've just spoilt my comedy with unnecessary and unwanted facts. :censored:

:lolol: :wave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here