Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] My family on Family Fortunes, early 1980's.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Stumbled across this little gem. My family on Family Fortunes, 1988 so obviously some cracking hair and swanky clothes.
Worth watching purely for my Dad's answer during the final bit. It's up there with the most ridiculous things people say when under pressure.
Enjoy.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sorry, title should read late 80's.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Which one are you then? David, Gordon or Bob?

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I gave the same answer as your dad. It's the survey that's wrong. The mulligatawny stains on my trousers prove that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
None, I'm Gordon's son. Bob and David are my uncles.
:lolol:

Sorry, I thought your grandad was your dad and you were one of his three sons (if that makes sense).

Did you all go on holiday with the winnings?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Sorry, I thought your grandad was your dad and you were one of his three sons (if that makes sense).

Did you all go on holiday with the winnings?

I was only 11 at the time so I don't know the ins and outs of it, but the money became a bit of a sore point as far as I know. Lots of fighting over who was given what and people fell out.
Gotta love families.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was only 11 at the time so I don't know the ins and outs of it, but the money became a bit of a sore point as far as I know. Lots of fighting over who was given what and people fell out.
Gotta love families.

Sounds about right.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gotta love families.

Surely you just split five ways

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Surely you just split five ways

Far too sensible an idea for my family to even consider.
Most people see 5 people, oh no, my family saw my Nan and Grandad as one person so they didn't deserve an equal share and my Auntie who was a stand by apparently deserved a cut simply for being there.
All fun and games.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Far too sensible an idea for my family to even consider.
Most people see 5 people, oh no, my family saw my Nan and Grandad as one person so they didn't deserve an equal share and my Auntie who was a stand by apparently deserved a cut simply for being there.
All fun and games.

Hopefully they made up?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta love families.

At least they didn't have to split a speedboat.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heads up, new series of the hugely entertaining and massive favourite All Star Family Fortunes starts tonight with new host Gino D'Campo. First weeks all stars are Arg from TOWIE and Loose Woman Denise Welch as they aim to win some great prizes for their families and money for charity.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Caught a clip of this on GoggleBox, when a young lady was asked “Things you brush”

“Floor” was the answer, local lockdowns are now making sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Came across the non-celebrity version a couple of weeks ago - whoever thought Gino D'Campo would make a good gameshow host I assume is not looking for another job. I lasted around a minute before giving up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Watched this Making of a few weeks ago. Interesting behind the scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here