Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rubber bands everywhere!!!!!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Why do the posties drop them? Are they biodegradable (probably not)?

Isn't it a litter crime?

I pick them up when I see them and take them home - I've got a draw full.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They are doing the public a great service , especially people with pony tails , Schelotto mentioned it was one of the main reasons he signed for Brighton , ....... apparently .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am also a 'collector' of the post office elastic bands. I used to much prefer the red ones they used though.

Near where I live there is a quiet area where they tend to park their little red van to fan out to do their local rounds, and I assume (I've never seen this behaviour in the wild) they sort the post out from the van right there, as there's always a few of the beige bands laying about.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why do the posties drop them? Are they biodegradable (probably not)?

Isn't it a litter crime?

I pick them up when I see them and take them home - I've got a draw full.

I have saved them from work, two jobs worth here from 2009 I think...

Attachments

• IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 719

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I am also a 'collector' of the post office elastic bands. I used to much prefer the red ones they used though.

Near where I live there is a quiet area where they tend to park their little red van to fan out to do their local rounds, and I assume (I've never seen this behaviour in the wild) they sort the post out from the van right there, as there's always a few of the beige bands laying about.

Ahh, I also know of a few reliable gathering areas in the Haywards Heath area. However, whilst the evidence is all around us, I've never ever witnessed one being dropped to date, nature is mysterious.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Generally speaking, higher-quality rubber bands weigh less than lower-quality bands. Higher-quality bands are also typically stretchier than lower-quality bands. It's primarily due to the purity of the rubber used to make the band. Because they weigh less, more expensive (per pound) high-quality bands are often a better buy. Why? More bands per pound.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you tie one around your todger for 12 hours apparently afterwards it’s like popping a bluesy and you will be very popular in the bedroom department for around a hour or so , I’m not sure if the higher quality ones are better tbh but it’s worth a try , even if you only get 12 hours of no slash required at 3am it’s a handy thing to know .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Funnily enough our postie managed to drop three on our path this morning!! Nice guy and big Albion fan but how/why does he do it!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I complained and someone from the Royal Mail came out. I was told they couldn't be theirs as they were a different type of elastic band! Just so happened that my postie changed route a week later I guess.

No excuse for it really

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here