Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I the only one feeling more and more tense? . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Am I the only person who, with potentially our biggest game so far this season just three days away now, beginning to tense up as the big day draws closer?

I was aware as l was watching the Coventry cup tie last Saturday, that that may just be the last game this season in which l would be able to feel realtively relaxed, as no matter what the result , win lose or draw, it was largely immaterial.

I'm very much with the late great Bill Shankly on this one, football really is far more important than life or death.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep, no need to even think about worrying till 15:00 Saturday and dependant on team selection still no requirement to worry

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nope.

Amy Williams has made a toy bobsleigh for our bob girls!

It's all well in the world

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
These decent results will come crashing down around us if we don't turn up Saturday

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Am I the only one feeling more and more tense? . . .

Probably not. But you're hopefully in the minority. I just feel less and less tense now we've finally done some long overdue investment in credible-looking striking options, rather than just rely any longer on what we had in the Championship.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I too relished the tension free and relaxed atmosphere on saturday, now every game is a proverbial cup final (has been for a while to be honest) and I shall be back to bricking it. I can recommend singing and getting behind the team as good way of dealing with the stress, much like screaming whilst on a rollercoaster.

Bring on the Swans!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Swansea will be so, so tough. The run they’re on means far more than their league position. It will be a very hard game and I can see NSC going into meltdown when they turn us over - just to warn you.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Every game is tense now and every point gold dust. Makes for a far more intense experience for the Albion faithful. Loving it.
We are used to Championship greatness with failure to go up just meaning we go back to being top of the pile again with a good chance the following season. This is our first season in the big boys league and if we go down it will hurt a lot more, knowing how tough the CL is, loosing players, money issues etc. is. So much riding on staying up this year I can almost taste it. UTA.
:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have a bit of belief, if we play like we did in our last home league game we can easily compete with them and we have a vital, long awaited addition to the squad

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Form table:
:eek:
1 Tottenham Hotspur Spurs 5 3 2 0 10:3 7 11 W D W D W
2 Swansea City Swansea 5 3 2 0 7:3 4 11 D W W D W
3 Manchester City Man City 5 3 1 1 15:7 8 10 L W W D W
4 Liverpool FC Liverpool 5 3 1 1 11:6 5 10 W L W D W
5 AFC Bournemouth Bournemouth 5 3 1 1 9:7 2 10 W D W W L
6 Manchester United Man Utd Europa League Winner 16/17 5 3 0 2 6:3 3 9 W W L W L

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
What gives me a bit of confidence is the players we now have after the Jan window. Spoiled for choice up front with a fantastic squad. Unlike many of our rivals who are going to have to find something very ****ing special if they are to change their downward trajectory.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm normally very nervous about the run in.
Every season I'm working through all the permutations and fretting about each result.

Not so much this year.
I think we should stay up and think our players will get the results that matter.

If not, Championship football next year, is no disaster

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
My tension is born of the fact that we have had absolutely no "luck in running" this season. Where or when is our deflection of the shins or penalty out of nowhere?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jurgen's got this

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Swansea will be so, so tough. The run they’re on means far more than their league position. It will be a very hard game and I can see NSC going into meltdown when they turn us over - just to warn you.

Must be about this time last year that Huddersfield went on a bit of a mini-run and there were bennies on here confidently predicting that they'd go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season. That prediction lasted about a fortnight if memory serves.
Time to put Swansea's mini-run to the sword on Saturday. 2-0 to the Albion :albion:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here