Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One thing about NSC

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm writing a piece for When Saturday Comes about NSC for the next issue.
Its a fairly short review, a little flavour of what it is like for non Albion fans, and the rather fine readers of that mag.

What is the *one* thing (poster, anecdote, thread, moment, tradition) that if you read it, you'd be amazed that i left out or didn't mention ?

The thing that keeps me coming back and back is the broad diversity of topics that are allowed, and flourish, on the main board.

That and the fact that you're Paul Barber's second account :wink: (I can, of course, vouch that you are not)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If you're looking for gravitas, it has to be the REMF.

The best thing ever to have come out of NSC.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm writing a piece for When Saturday Comes about NSC for the next issue.
Its a fairly short review, a little flavour of what it is like for non Albion fans, and the rather fine readers of that mag.

What is the *one* thing (poster, anecdote, thread, moment, tradition) that if you read it, you'd be amazed that i left out or didn't mention ?

It's full of opinionated tossers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We are generous to good causes and don’t use words like “buzzing” and “awesome”. Oh and the grammar police.
And that some posters have all their 1000s of posts on just one thread.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The thing that keeps me coming back and back is the broad diversity of topics that are allowed, and flourish, on the main board.

That and the fact that you're Paul Barber's second account :wink: (I can, of course, vouch that you are not)

Absolutely. NSC is very much about Albion fans and what affects them - regular and recent NSC threads devoted to depression, debt, diets/running, drinking, and divorce for example are some of the most useful and supportive things i've ever bumped into online. Rather than necessarily a forum about football or Brighton and Hove Albion...

Yep. Barber is in it. :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact that we can easily move from debates concerning left backs to BREXIT and how best to roast potatoes with neither thought nor preparation.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The diversity of the threads. From what can loosely be termed "dadsnet" type advice through to snow forecasting, the animal world cup, polls, it is very much more than a football forum, but also covers that in great ways too. Binfest, fixtures and Flumpage should really be covered to try and get these words (or meanings of them) more established!

Big shout out for the Infinite Jukebox and the fairly recent, but generally marvellous "Bell Cheeses At Work" thread. My heart fills with joy when the latter thread appears once again on the front page, but then I don't get out very much :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Patagonian Yak Cheese and sliced Parma Ham on Rye with a diet coke and a packet of Walker's Salt & Vinegar, or
Flat Sheet or Scrumpled was also a lowlight

Highlights ..... Jamie, REMF, and, of course, Parking in ****** (add any away ground this season)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
An unequivocal hatred of Drums and shitty 'bands' at football. Especially the goons from Massive who ruin the atmosphere at every England game with their parp parp parping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here