Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One thing about NSC

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That fact that, like it or loath it, a thread on Brexit attracted (so far) over 44,000 posts and 2m views?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
For me the best thing is the feeling of being connected to the club and most importantly the fans whilst having not lived in Brighton or even Sussex for 30 years since a young boy.

As sad as this sounds, reading NSC every day and getting to know the characters and the ribbing (I can't use the B word!) on here, it almost feels like having mates who are Brighton fans rather than just my mates in the 'real world' who are mainly Southampton and Portsmouth fans. I always feel I've missed out a bit not going to games and pubs etc with friends who are Brighton fans so it is a half decent substitute. It's nice to be able to discuss things at the club with people who know what I'm talking about other than my Dad and brief acquaintances at the games.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's the go-to resource for everything. If I want to know what the roads are like before setting off on a journey, I'll check NSC rather than the AA website, because if there's a hold-up between Lancing and Worthing, NSC will tell me exactly where, how long it's been going on, alternative routes, whose fault it is and whether the underlying cause is Corbyn, Brexit, Palace or whatever.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The utter dismemberment of every 'Joke du Jour' back to its original mineral form.

The sharing of mental health issues, men's health issues, grieving for a lost one, support for one of our own who may be ill can show NSC at its finest.

REMF.

Agree with everything said so far, but particularly this one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm writing a piece for When Saturday Comes about NSC for the next issue.
Its a fairly short review, a little flavour of what it is like for non Albion fans, and the rather fine readers of that mag.

What is the *one* thing (poster, anecdote, thread, moment, tradition) that if you read it, you'd be amazed that i left out or didn't mention ?

It has become infested with people whose main aim is to express their right/ left political extreme opinions rather than talking about our beloved team. It's has moved from being a football chat site to one where people argue about political stuff even whilst matches are going on! Apart from that is is great!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The fact that this is more than just a Brighton & Hove Albion forum but a bastion of Sussex life - from recommendations of plumbers in Worthing, to country pubs in the Battle area, to opinion on Sussex CCC's latest signing..........there is no question that cannot be answered.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The fact that this is more just a Brighton & Hove Albion forum but a bastion of Sussex life - from recommendations of plumbers in Worthing, to country pubs in the Battle area, to opinion on Sussex CCC's latest signing..........there is no question that cannot be answered.

Also this, for anything in Sussex it's the first place I would go. In many respect it is a dadsnet and a Sussexnet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It has become infested with people whose main aim is to express their right/ left political extreme opinions rather than talking about our beloved team. It's has moved from being a football chat site to one where people argue about political stuff even whilst matches are going on! Apart from that is is great!

Why don't you just do one, Tory numb nut

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also this, for anything in Sussex it's the first place I would go. In many respect it is a dadsnet and a Sussexnet.

So any Mums had better delete their accounts now ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why don't you just do one, Tory numb nut

IMG_0186.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The fact that this is more than just a Brighton & Hove Albion forum but a bastion of Sussex life - from recommendations of plumbers in Worthing, to country pubs in the Battle area, to opinion on Sussex CCC's latest signing..........there is no question that cannot be answered.

I think the identity of the pub in the old photo was the closest we'd come to an unsolved mystery.

One more for the OP: the pursuit of VINCENTE!!! (including photos from Italian restaurants and Gatters) :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So any Mums had better delete their accounts now ?

No of course not. But they have mumsnet. I would guess that this is a 90% man forum. Which may be part of its attraction? :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's the go-to resource for everything. If I want to know what the roads are like before setting off on a journey, I'll check NSC rather than the AA website, because if there's a hold-up between Lancing and Worthing, NSC will tell me exactly where, how long it's been going on, alternative routes, whose fault it is and whether the underlying cause is Corbyn, Brexit, Palace or whatever.

Exactly this.

Always the first place I look for current news and just about anything that I could possibly have any interest in.

And to visit the gold section to read about Kev the Ape’s undercover mission to Falmer pond yet again......

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here