Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One thing about NSC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The messages of support I read whilst teatering on the brink in hospital over new years a few years ago, wondering if I was going to pull through.

That was the most heartwarming thing

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Discussing with Lord B many years ago which wards a Seagulls Party should stand for election in - is such a party was ever formed

Seems like a different world now - just shows how far the journey has taken us

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That you can have posted something daft years ago, and someone will remember if you get a bit pompous, dig it up and punish you with it.
That you can get vexed, perplexed and bemused by a particular poster, many times, and then share your troubles with the same stranger and sympathise with one another, then go straight back to slating each others half baked opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That you can have posted something daft years ago, and someone will remember if you get a bit pompous, dig it up and punish you with it.
That you can get vexed, perplexed and bemused by a particular poster, many times, and then share your troubles with the same stranger and sympathise with one another, then go straight back to slating each others half baked opinion.

NMH and I used to have right ding dongs, then we met at withdean and got on like a house on fire! It's so different in real life.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Would the fans please stay off he pitch at the final whistle so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bell Cheeses at Work

It brings me great joy when I see it come to the top of the board. Some absolutely CRACKING stories on there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have to say, Bozza has done a cracking job, it might put some money in his pockets these days, but I am sure there have been times when the site was a pure labour of love and others when it would have made sense to just shut it down

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apart from the endless dictionary, that is the Word Association thread.
IMO, NSC, for me, apart from the bleedin obvious, is a great link for all things Sussex, especially if you're looking in from outside the county.
Advice and wit on every level :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There are a lot of astonishingly talented folk on here. An example below:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ish-Dave-Free-Kick-GIF&highlight=the+gif+dude

Oh . . . . and NSC is read by the players.........allegedly:

ec5e97f464ff2cdf53000d9d594f21b4.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The utter dismemberment of every 'Joke du Jour' back to its original mineral form.

The sharing of mental health issues, men's health issues, grieving for a lost one, support for one of our own who may be ill can show NSC at its finest.

REMF.

This - the Compassion and the caring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Desert Orchid

Ah yes my finest hour.
All I wrote was a statement of fact, no embellishment, no goading, no set ups, just one fact.
A couple of hours later NSC has generated, comedy, abuse, puns, 2 flounces, threats, much merriment and a pooh load of eye rolling.

If that thread had shown just a little empathy it would encapsulate NSC.
I might just have a bedtime read, for old times sake.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Digweeds trousers spat with HR and some bint in the office

Hineys wife duffing up a neighbour

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The new Omsung Phine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
For me the best thing is the feeling of being connected to the club and most importantly the fans whilst having not lived in Brighton or even Sussex for 30 years since a young boy.

This.

For me it's 40 years gone, off and on, but NSC keeps me connected in the humble grass hut on the other side of the world. My visits to the Amex last season were moments I'll never forget either. (Bows to lava rock altar topped by image of St. Harry Wilson's Tackle).

I don't think the whole JCL thing has been mentioned yet, and of course Lol Hun xxx (and sadly, her self-imposed exile).

Oh, and The Clique. Yes, marvelous scenes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No matter what your background or leaning, a universal understanding of the intricacies and aerodynamics involved in the art of chair luzzing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here