Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket questions

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
My brother will go from a U18 ticket to U21 next season but it is likely he will go away to Uni so won't be able to make all the games .

1) Is there a limit to the amount of times you can upgrade the ticket to an Adult ?

2) If so, could we get an Adult season ticket instead or would that count as transferring the season ticket ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1) 6 (six)
2) No - that would be transferring the ticket which you can't do as it means someone jumps the waiting list.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Updated my sons from u18 to adult about 3 seasons ago when he went to uni. Was asked how many games my son would get to, I said more than half and they agreed. Having read several threads on here since you haven't a snowballs chance in hell of getting that deal.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Updated my sons from u18 to adult about 3 seasons ago when he went to uni. Was asked how many games my son would get to, I said more than half and they agreed. Having read several threads on here since you haven't a snowballs chance in hell of getting that deal.

The times have certainly changed #nolongertogether

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Point 2 - who the hell is going to know if you do this ??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You cannot do it on-line, have tried.......

You can't pay for an adult ST if you have a U21 ST.

I may have misread the OP's plan but wasn't he suggesting buying an adult ST and sharing it ? If so, that's against club rules BUT how would they know ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I may have misread the OP's plan but wasn't he suggesting buying an adult ST and sharing it ? If so, that's against club rules BUT how would they know ?

Problem is said STH has a DOB already registered with the club for the previous discounted tickets therefore they know.....

D

Deleted User X18H

You can’t discuss tickets on here - I dare say someone has got a smacked bottom!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Because the ST is owned by an U21 and to do what you suggest would mean taking it away from him and allocating it to a new STH of the OP's choice bypassing the 1,000's on the waiting list

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He doesn't want a season ticket somewhere or other he wants the specific season ticket he already has, one of a pair, to be used permanently by an adult. You can't permanently upgrade a season ticket from a concession to an adult as that is essentially a transfer of the ticket and jumping the current ST waiting list.

He could buy another season ticket and share it between adults, but...

1. It will likely be some way from his current ticket(s).
2. He will have to join the waiting list and buy a ticket when his time comes, whenever that is.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've learnt the hard way: never buy a concessionary ticket for u21 or senior. If there are changes in a couple years then the "new" Albion are completely inflexible. The "old" Albion were desperate to fill the new stadium and bent the rules hither and tither but now you get a patronising put down now we're all PL Ready. My advice to anyone other than kids and young teenagers is pay full wack for an adult ticket that can easily be passed to other friends and family.

edit - until we get relegated of course and *poof* the 8000 eager season ticket holders suddenly disappear......

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've learnt the hard way: never buy a concessionary ticket for u21 or senior. If there are changes in a couple years then the "new" Albion are completely inflexible. The "old" Albion were desperate to fill the new stadium and bent the rules hither and tither but now you get a patronising put down now we're all PL Ready. My advise to anyone other than kids and teenagers is pay full wack for an adult ticket that can easily be passed to other friends and family.

This. I’ve seen it from someone who went from adult to Senior. Due to work commitments a dad and his 3 sons shared 2 tickets and alternated games. When the dad went to Senior this severely limited their options. Club wouldn’t let them pay full adult price on the Senior ticket or hand down the Senior ticket to his son.

Amazing how the big clubs manage to look after generations of fans but we seem to be unable to do so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here