Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelski Barearsealona on BT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if fixtures.

That Will-I-an needs to take a good look at himself at half time, the post-loving silly haircut merchant.

:facepalm::lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He just scored a cracker after hitting the post twice in the 1st half. Difficult to criticise him at the moment to be fair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Barcelona are a fraction of what they once were. Chelsea will pay for that one defensive howler as the away goal will see Barcelona through now, but they’re not going to win the whole thing.

They haven't lost all season. They're romping La Liga, beat Real Madrid 3-0 away and are far more entertaining than when Pep has them passing sideways for 85 minutes. I've seen them in the flesh for one match and watched lots of others on telly this season. Their defence is stingy and Messi can create from anywhere. I'd expect them to get to the CL final and win La Liga - something they'd been unable to do recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Madrid are struggling this season though so beating them isn’t necessarily the benchmark it usually is. I think Barcelona are a quality attacker light, they haven’t really replaced Neymar. Players like Iniesta are well past their best too. They’re still good obviously, but they’re not great like they were. If you stop Messi playing (I know, easier said than done) I’m not sure they’ve got the pace or goals from across the rest of the team to hurt you at the very highest level.

Call me a fool, but I really think there is a huge opportunity for Man City to at least reach the final and maybe even win it this year.
True. Wigan aren't in the CL.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Madrid are struggling this season though so beating them isn’t necessarily the benchmark it usually is. I think Barcelona are a quality attacker light, they haven’t really replaced Neymar. Players like Iniesta are well past their best too. They’re still good obviously, but they’re not great like they were. If you stop Messi playing (I know, easier said than done) I’m not sure they’ve got the pace or goals from across the rest of the team to hurt you at the very highest level.

Call me a fool, but I really think there is a huge opportunity for Man City to at least reach the final and maybe even win it this year.

The Spanish league is undoubtedly weak at the moment and I agree on Real. Coutinho can slot in for Messi, except in the CL where he's cup tied. Iniesta is the most creative player I've ever seen play in the flesh, despite his age and lack of pace. In the game I saw he only lasted 70 minutes but he was like Vicente with 2 heads and 4 legs. City are not quite there, Barca are on the up, Munich have won easily tonight. It'll be close but Chelsea won't be involved.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Barca won't be anywhere near the CL final this season - I'm not even sure they'll make it out of this round. They were poor tonight (gifted a goal) and I haven't been particularly impressed by them when I've watched them this season, despite their league position. They aren't the force they were. I'd expect Madrid, who have come back to form recently, to go further in the CL this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Barca won't be anywhere near the CL final this season - I'm not even sure they'll make it out of this round. They were poor tonight (gifted a goal) and I haven't been particularly impressed by them when I've watched them this season, despite their league position. They aren't the force they were. I'd expect Madrid, who have come back to form recently, to go further in the CL this season.

Real won't win an egg cup with Zidane in charge. I assume you typed that while ironing your white replica shirt. Feckin Royalists :lolol: :wrong: :flameboun:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Real won't win an egg cup with Zidane in charge. I assume you typed that while ironing your white shirt. Feckin Royalists :lolol: :wrong: :flameboun:

Done alright in his previous one and a half seasons in charge hasn't he? One La Liga and 2 CLs. Watching them recently they seem to have got their fighting spirit back, which seemed to be lacking before the winter break.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here