Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many points will be enough to survive?

How many points will be enough to survive [ie 18th place + 1 point]

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 8 3.1%

Votes: 34 13.4%

Votes: 66 26.0%

Votes: 92 36.2%

Votes: 37 14.6%

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • 41 or more

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we win tomorrow we will not be going down. A big ask but not impossible, but we mustn’t stand off them. We have to get it physical....... they dont like it up em.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
18th place + 1 point? Maybe not ! Same points as 18th place but 1 better goal difference will do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
18th place + 1 point? Maybe not ! Same points as 18th place but 1 better goal difference will do.
Thanks for the insight, I'd spent ages trying to work that out. So how many points will that be (there's a poll, what did you select)?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Thanks for the insight, I'd spent ages trying to work that out. So how many points will that be (there's a poll, what did you select)?

As always pretty good bet to stay up is a point a game so 38................Fact is we could have same points as bottom place and stay up (four teams on same points we have better goal difference)

Before yesterdays game with the last nine games we have, I considered we were 50/50 to stay up, getting three hoped for but probably unexpected points has changed scenario. Lets hope for at least a point at Everton and with three winnable game Leicester H on 31st March,Huddersfield H 7th April and Palace A 14th April,I feel we will be safe by middle of April.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am going with three more points, so 37 as long as those points are draws against Palace and Huddersfield plus one other draw.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
37 points looks very likely to be enough to stay up - although 39 would be the number required to avoid the final day nervous scramble - and we'd need that number before going to Liverpool. 5 more points is achievable - three against either Huddersfield or Leicester, and one from the other of those two, or at Burnley, Palace or Everton. Two home wins against Huddersfield and Leicester leaves us comfortably safe before all the horror games at the end of the season.

One team is going to have a terrible run to take them into the quicksand (apart from West Brom who've had it) - and my money is on Southampton.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
On that latest predictor thing I had Palace staying up on 35 points with Stoke and Southampton down on 33 each.

That would mean that the safety margin was 34 (oh look we're safe!), but I still reckon that 37 is the "almost definitely safe" marker and 38 is guaranteed to stay up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here