Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many points will be enough to survive?

How many points will be enough to survive [ie 18th place + 1 point]

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 8 3.1%

Votes: 34 13.4%

Votes: 66 26.0%

Votes: 92 36.2%

Votes: 37 14.6%

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • 41 or more

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What worries me most is the potential for our last 3 fixtures to be City away, Utd home and Liverpool away. Bloody well hope we're safe before that!

I think Man City (A) will be on 18/19 April 2018.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, sweet Jesus, another poll. Or is this just Bozza doing some research for a spread bet? I think we should be told.

(I went 40)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why did you feel that Palace, Swansea, West Ham and Everton were not definites for the drop / in deep trouble, at that time?
I did think it didn't look good for Swansea, can't remember what I said about them, but I certainly wouldn't have been confident they'd survive. Although Palace had a terrible start, it was very early days and being just a few points behind I thought they'd get a new manager in and turn it around. I never thought Everton would be in trouble. But then I thought Southampton would be ok too, and it's touch and go for them.

I don't have any great incite into which teams will survive, but I tend not to write teams off early, which quite a few others seem to do.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With the way the points are distributed between the bottom 7 or 8 clubs, I think that 36 would be enough and it may come down to goal difference.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I did think it didn't look good for Swansea, can't remember what I said about them, but I certainly wouldn't have been confident they'd survive. Although Palace had a terrible start, it was very early days and being just a few points behind I thought they'd get a new manager in and turn it around. I never thought Everton would be in trouble. But then I thought Southampton would be ok too, and it's touch and go for them.

I don't have any great incite into which teams will survive, but I tend not to write teams off early, which quite a few others seem to do.
That's true Trig. You're the ultimate fence sitter. [emoji106]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was probably a bit harsh on you [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] regarding your position on Southampton (it's not like the bookies don't agree with you), but I've known for a while that they've been cack as one of my brothers is a big Saints fan and goes regularly - he's been saying they're in trouble since November.

As for relegation, WBA are certainties. They have nobs playing for them, not focused on the task in hand, and a massive cock managing them who also happens to be useless. Stoke are a well managed club but are probably just too average on the pitch to stay up. How we only took 2 points off them this season I don't know, but I think they'll go down and come straight back up.

Last team is a crap shoot. Southampton and Palace are both in serious trouble for different reasons but I have a nagging feeling that one of Huddersfield or Swansea are going to lose any semblance of form and tumble into the bottom 3 before long and stay there. I know we're not supposed to say this, but I'll be surprised if we are anywhere near the bottom 3 by the time our hard games come along. We had issues scoring goals before Jan but on paper that has now been comprehensively addressed. 10/3 on a BHA relegation actually seems a bit skinny to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was probably a bit harsh on you [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] regarding your position on Southampton (it's not like the bookies don't agree with you)
Isn't that your default position?
but I've known for a while that they've been cack as one of my brothers is a big Saints fan and goes regularly - he's been saying they're in trouble since November.
What is it they're doing wrong?
I know we're not supposed to say this, but I'll be surprised if we are anywhere near the bottom 3 by the time our hard games come along. We had issues scoring goals before Jan but on paper that has now been comprehensively addressed. 10/3 on a BHA relegation actually seems a bit skinny to me.
Blimey, I think 10/3 is generous. We play like a team that I wouldn't expect to go down - a team that's organised, with everyone ready to work together to scrap for points - but for whatever reason we have struggled more than anyone else against the top 6, and we've only got a few other games left.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I think we are now good enough to stay up but the problem is it has maybe taken too long to get to this point and we’re fast running out of eminently winnable games. The fact our run in is so dire means it’s quite feasible we finish below teams we are now better than...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be just guessing...

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It could be close:

42points.JPG

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Relegation Battle - Remaining Fixtures for all 10 teams 12:19 - Feb 13 with 260 views BarryTownSwam

BRIGHTON

HOME
Swans
Arsenal
Leicester
Huddersfield
Spurs
Man Utd

AWAY
Everton
Man C
Palace
Burnley
Liverpool

—————————————————————

CRYSTAL PALACE

HOME
Spurs
Man U
Liverpool
Brighton
Leicester
West Brom

AWAY
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Bournemouth
Watford
Stoke

——————————————————————-

HUDDERSFIELD

HOME
Man U
Swans
Watford
Palace
Everton
Man C

AWAY
West Brom
Spurs
Chelsea
Newcastle
Brighton
Arsenal

————————————————————————— ——

NEWCASTLE

HOME

Southampton
Huddersfield
Arsenal
West Brom
Chelsea

AWAY
Bournemouth
Liverpool
Spurs
Leicester
Everton
Watford

————————————————————————-

SOUTHAMPTON

HOME
Stoke
Chelsea
Bournemouth
Man C

AWAY
Burnley
Newcastle
Swans
West Ham
Arsenal
Leicester
Everton

————————————————————————— —

STOKE

HOME
Man C
Everton
Spurs
Burnley
Palace

AWAY
Leicester
Southampton
Arsenal
West Ham
Liverpool
Swans

—————————————————————————-

SWANS

HOME
West Ham
Southampton
Everton
Chelsea
Stoke

AWAY
Brighton
Huddersfield
Man U
West Brom
Man C
Bournemouth

————————————————————————— —

WATFORD

HOME
Everton
West Brom
Bournemouth
Burnley
Palace
Newcastle

AWAY
Arsenal
Liverpool
Huddersfield
Spurs
Man Utd

————————————————————————

WEST BROM

HOME
Huddersfield
Leicester
Burnley
Swans
Liverpool
Spurs

AWAY
Watford
Bournemouth
Man Utd
Newcastle
Palace

————————————————————————

WEST HAM

HOME
Burnley
Man Utd
Stoke
Man C
Everton

AWAY
Liverpool
Swans
Southampton
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"I don't know, I don't care either. You never know. It could be 38, 44, 46, why are we doing this? It is statistics.

"If we go to a picnic and you bring one chicken, at the end, if I eat all the chicken, and you don't eat nothing, statistically, you have eaten all the chicken. Correct? So. [Laughs]. If you don't like chicken we can get a turkey...

"This is a marathon. The worst will be in last position and the best will be in first. We are fighting very hard but with a long run to do."

Carlos Carvalhal 22 Feb 2018

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It keeps changing.

Not so long ago, NSC’ers had Palace and Swansea down, and West Ham and Everton in deep trouble.

If WBA beat Hudd, they’ll gain belief and loads of their fixtures are against bottom half clubs.

When we won away at Swansea I was convinced they'd drop. They were just so far below the level's we'd witnessed in the Premier League that it looked like they had a massive job on their hands to turn it around. I still don't think I've seen a side play as badly as they did that day this season, although we got far to close to it for my liking at Huddersfield. They'd still be in deep do-do if they hadn't pulled off shock wins against Liverpool and Arsenal. As of this moment, West Brom, Stoke and Southampton are my favourites just because the atmosphere around them all seems so toxic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here