Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many points will be enough to survive?

How many points will be enough to survive [ie 18th place + 1 point]

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 8 3.1%

Votes: 34 13.4%

Votes: 66 26.0%

Votes: 92 36.2%

Votes: 37 14.6%

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • 41 or more

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where will the line be this season?

https://whisp.rs/2HuRUKI

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 14.56.21.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Unless two other teams for a West Brom it is going to be 36-38, I voted 38.

It is not inconceivable that Huddersfield and one other crash and burn and end up on early 30s though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
38 minimum

The 3 bottom clubs now have much more points then those at this point last season. Annoying that is. Only happens to us. Nothing easy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
36 (plus goal difference). Relegation-threatened teams generally live down to expectations rather than rise above them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's about now that #Bozza merges these wasteful polls with other very similar wasteful poll.
Which idiot started this one?

Oh, now I'm in trouble. Ban coming up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There is well value in asking this question, and providing a poll, as it's much more specific than most other threads, or questions. The problem with it, however, is that the total I plumped for might just be enough for both survival and relegation. I've gone for 36, but if this does materialise, there might be two or more teams with that total, so then goal difference will then become a factor, as will how CH has chosen to set up against top six opponents and, all too frequently, our approach in away games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
West Brom are in danger of crashing out, gifting points to rivals, and thus increasing the points of 18th place.
I'll have a wild guess at 38. We may be 18th on 37.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I said forty at the start of the season and I’m sticking to it however it may be just under

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
West Brom are in danger of crashing out, gifting points to rivals, and thus increasing the points of 18th place.
I'll have a wild guess at 38. We may be 18th on 37.

It keeps changing.

Not so long ago, NSC’ers had Palace and Swansea down, and West Ham and Everton in deep trouble.

If WBA beat Hudd, they’ll gain belief and loads of their fixtures are against bottom half clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It keeps changing.

Not so long ago, NSC’ers had Palace and Swansea down, and West Ham and Everton in deep trouble.
I didn't.
If WBA beat Hudd, they’ll gain belief and loads of their fixtures are against bottom half clubs.
Actually WBA have 11 games left, and most are against top half clubs. If they win on Saturday, they'll still only be on 23 points, with only 1 more game at home to a bottom half team.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't.
Actually WBA have 11 games left, and most are against top half clubs. If they win on Saturday, they'll still only be on 23 points, with only 1 more game at home to a bottom half team.

I didn’t either for Palace, Everton and West Ham. but would have loved it. My simple theory is that those clubs have spent fortunes on proven match winners and defenders/goalies, so will rise. Not necessarily by genius management, but the new managers have very good PL squads to work with.

Why did you feel that Palace, Swansea, West Ham and Everton were not definites for the drop / in deep trouble, at that time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
10 more points, which realistically must come from Swansea, Huddersfield, Leicester, Burnley, Everton and Palace. Perhaps Arsenal if they don't turn up.

Saturday is a vital 3 pts, otherwise it's a big ask to get to 38.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What worries me most is the potential for our last 3 fixtures to be City away, Utd home and Liverpool away. Bloody well hope we're safe before that!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here