Brighton & Hove Albion v Swansea City
Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Simon Long, Eddie Smart
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Never understood the 'don't know what you're doing' or '####er in the black' songs........hardly going to endear the target or help you benefit from marginal 50/50s either conciously or subconciously.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fortunately not a TV game so won't be trying to play up to the cameras and make it all about him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Never understood the 'don't know what you're doing' or '####er in the black' songs........hardly going to endear the target or help you benefit from marginal 50/50s either conciously or subconciously.

Really good point.

With that in mind, can you possibly try and get a few thousand or so people to collectively sing "we appreciate you have a tough job to do but we are a little bit miffed at that decision. Just keep trying your best and the decisions will balance themselves out".

It doesn't roll of the tongue as well but I'm confident that you can figure it out.

Cheers.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I think personally this could go our way.

He has reffed us three times this season - Swansea (A), Chelsea (A) and Southampton (A) and in one of those he gave us a penalty (SOTON).

He won't want to make a fool of himself and get sent to lower leagues (Like they would anyway) plus it's not on TV, so I could see this being okay - although he's going to get so much abuse you know it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I think it actually works the other way more often that not and you’re more likely to get the decisions!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really good point.

With that in mind, can you possibly try and get a few thousand or so people to collectively sing "we appreciate you have a tough job to do but we are a little bit miffed at that decision. Just keep trying your best and the decisions will balance themselves out".

It doesn't roll of the tongue as well but I'm confident that you can figure it out.

Cheers.

Will do. Songsheets being printed. Maybe one part of the North can do one song and another section a different song.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Really good point.

Cheers.

That's the spirit. How about "We all know you made a mistake with Dale, but we've gone up now so all is in the past" to "if you're happy and you know it"?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think personally this could go our way.

He has reffed us three times this season - Swansea (A), Chelsea (A) and Southampton (A) and in one of those he gave us a penalty (SOTON).

He won't want to make a fool of himself and get sent to lower leagues (Like they would anyway) plus it's not on TV, so I could see this being okay - although he's going to get so much abuse you know it.

You obviously don't know Mike Dean he will make it all about him, he'll love it!! Look at me, look at me.. can't stand the bloke. I won't forget!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come to think of it most of that didn't make sense unless in a TARDIS.

So I'll just say thanks to him we had last season, and I think are better placed now.

Let it go.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
The guy is a total tosser obviously but that said where he has reffed us this season he hasn't been too bad.

Will still boo and abuse him though.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The guy is a total tosser obviously but that said where he has reffed us this season he hasn't been too bad.

Will still boo and abuse him though.

He could have cost us about £100m by wrongly sending off our best player in the game against Boro.

I’ll be booing him too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's still an absolute tool who shouldn't be anywhere near a top level match. He's proved it this season with that shocking penalty decision for WBA against Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here