Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That was all very low grade, but astonishing for many reasons. Not only as a crime that turned out to be embarrassing for the police happened with TV cameras present, but that their detectives made such useless efforts at criminality. Even the so-called confession wasn't believable.
One really noteworthy embarrassment for Beds Police was that this case shows the Snoopers' Charter is open to abuse. Obviously it may be legitimate for Special Branch, or maybe serious crime units investigating during an important investigation to have access to this highly personal data but in here it seemed a detective (corrupt or on the way to being corrupt) had casual and initially undetected access to internet records of a prostitute (and therefore able to attempt to bribe contacts and maybe know the car licence plate of the john) without the suggestion that being part of any real investigation.
And yet people wonder why the police aren't trusted.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone in power shouldn't be [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And yet people wonder why the police aren't trusted.

Those of us with an open mind would realise that all organisations have "rotten eggs" within them, sadly, and this will apply to a minority.You are trying to insinuate that the police are not trusted en masse, which is nonsense.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Those of us with an open mind would realise that all organisations have "rotten eggs" within them, sadly, and this will apply to a minority.You are trying to insinuate that the police are not trusted en masse, which is nonsense.
I'm not after an argument, and you've already shown your hand as having family in the force. Fair enough and I'm sure they are lovely people who want to do the right thing.

However, if you think that "the police are not trusted en masse" is nonsense then I doubt you step outside your bubble very often.

I live in South Yorkshire.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not after an argument, and you've already shown your hand as having family in the force. Fair enough and I'm sure they are lovely people who want to do the right thing.

However, if you think that "the police are not trusted en masse" is nonsense then I doubt you step outside your bubble very often.

I live in SusSEX

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-35095533
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1498..._working_as_a_prostitute_while_on_sick_leave/
https://www.shorehamherald.co.uk/ne...e-officer-who-contacted-prostitutes-1-7332365
http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/14/sergeant-sacked-sex-night-shifts-7159346/
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1539...ficer_suspended_over_sex_on_duty_allegations/

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Thanks for the compliment to the family members -appreciated. And you are quite right -they are appalled as any others would be at bent coppers, and are in the Force for altruistic reasons. So you may live in South Yorkshire. I suppose this is intended to "prove" that all there mistrust the Police. While I doubt very much that this is the case, the irony of your post seems to have been missed by yourself. You are claiming that a small section of the population doesn't trust the Police, based on where you live, and then claim that I live in a bubble . . . .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
nor bring into disrepute the enormous amount of good work carried out day to day by thousands of hard-working and enormously dedicated police officers and staff across the county.’

good on them. root out the bad ones.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for the compliment to the family members -appreciated. And you are quite right -they are appalled as any others would be at bent coppers, and are in the Force for altruistic reasons. So you may live in South Yorkshire. I suppose this is intended to "prove" that all there mistrust the Police. While I doubt very much that this is the case, the irony of your post seems to have been missed by yourself. You are claiming that a small section of the population doesn't trust the Police, based on where you live, and then claim that I live in a bubble . . . .

How to miss the point mate. I'll spell it out then. SYP have probably the worst reputation of any police force in the UK and rightly so. The comment was (obviously) to prove a point.

However, I know people from all over the UK and there are very few who would put the police in their top five of "people in a profession you'd trust".

I don't live in a bubble. I know people from all walks of life. Barristers and doctors to those who have never worked for one reason or another. Across the board, the police are seen as an extremely dodgy organisation with a minority of members who try to do the right thing.

As I said, not after an argument. It's just what I see and hear from real people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here