Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan v Man City

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Opinions and that ref leaves a lot to be desired as regards his decion making.

Lets put it this way he will not be appealing it. If he does he's mad.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
First we don’t know what was said ...Shearer claims one moment to suggest same and in the next state as fact that he must have been provoked....second Auguerro should have been big enough to carry on exiting the pitch and despite a few efforts of a Wigan player to pull him away continued after the ‘eupporter’

Agreed. I'm keeping an open mind about this until the morning papers. The taunting of rival fans looked pathetic with the average age of 15 year-olds on half-term. Citeh fans should have risen above that and left the ground. If they wanted afters then they should have gone outside and lumped the little chavs.

Goodbye quadruple. :bigwave:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't think Aguero will end up in trouble. The fan he shoves away has both hands on him prior to that, and is quite clearly giving it the big one. Aguero is perfectly within his rights to push him away IMHO.

I suspect the FA will be asking Wigan questions about the pitch invasion, however, and the apparent complete lack of stewarding to prevent it. I appreciate their fans are ecstatic about the win, but it's not like they're a little non-league team: there looked to be absolutely no protection for the players at the end, and the City players were always going to be the targets of certain, probably pissed up individuals playing the big man.

I remember how our utterly crushed players were caught up in the Derby pitch invasion at the iPro
when we lost in the play offs there in 2014 (?)- it must have been a nightmare for them. I saw Derby fans openly fronting up to our players and gloating, grabbing hold of them, poking them, and shaking fists right in their faces. Just because City are richer and more successful, doesn't mean their players should be subjected to that.

And at Boro which was even worse.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think Aguero will end up in trouble. The fan he shoves away has both hands on him prior to that, and is quite clearly giving it the big one. Aguero is perfectly within his rights to push him away IMHO.

I suspect the FA will be asking Wigan questions about the pitch invasion, however, and the apparent complete lack of stewarding to prevent it. I appreciate their fans are ecstatic about the win, but it's not like they're a little non-league team: there looked to be absolutely no protection for the players at the end, and the City players were always going to be the targets of certain, probably pissed up individuals playing the big man.

I remember how our utterly crushed players were caught up in the Derby pitch invasion at the iPro when we lost in the play offs there in 2014 (?)- it must have been a nightmare for them. I saw Derby fans openly fronting up to our players and gloating, grabbing hold of them, poking them, and shaking fists right in their faces. Just because City are richer and more successful, doesn't mean their players should be subjected to that.

I think if fans REALLY want to get on the pitch, there's not a lot anyone can do, as we saw last season, and indeed in 2008 when we beat City in the League Cup at Withdean.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First we don’t know what was said ...Shearer claims one moment to suggest same and in the next state as fact that he must have been provoked....second Auguerro should have been big enough to carry on exiting the pitch and despite a few efforts of a Wigan player to pull him away continued after the ‘eupporter’

Shearer pre judging yet again. He did this in round 3 when he indicated that Firmino must have said somethimg racist for Lookman to have been so angry. Yet the ref was standing between the players, whilst Shearer was 70 yards away with a monitor. Thank god the FA examine incidents properly, not Shearer's kangaroo court of wild guessing.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well who would've thought that our match at Citeh would have to be rearranged because we are in the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and they're not :lolol:

And how ironic that we’ll be playing that game in Manchester. It’s almost like, you know, rubbing their noses in it...

...tee hee!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pity the Wembley squatters didn't reach the same fate yesterday

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
And how ironic that we’ll be playing that game in Manchester. It’s almost like, you know, rubbing their noses in it...

...tee hee!

Paul Cook was managing #twats last season. Now Wigan have got Southampton in the next round, I expect they'll be flooding his Twitter or Facebook account (If he has one) wishing him all the best and to beat the scummers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought that it was a 1 footed tackle in an attempt to win the ball. If one of our players did the same I would be unhappy if they got a yellow card yet alone a red.

really? i'd wince at the first sight of player going in like that and be relieved if they got a yellow. though we've seen similar not given a red and maybe was harsh for the contact made, it was certainly potential leg breaker. id be unhappy them trying such a rash challenge that far in opposition half.

Wigan well worth the win, good organisation and quick to switch to attack, pressing Man City forcing them into errors. hard to believe they are only League 1, even for a cup game.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I thought that it was a 1 footed tackle in an attempt to win the ball. If one of our players did the same I would be unhappy if they got a yellow card yet alone a red.

The fact that he seemed to be in mid-air at the time probably didn't help. And lunging at such speed straight at a player from the front - not from the side - would certainly be enough to cause serious injury if the contact had been greater.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are some “belting” comments on their blue moon forum:

Sané, Aguero, Ilkay were shocking. The team selection suggests to me that Pep wasn't too arsed and I can't blame him. When everyone, including the referee, is desperate to see you lose, the competition doesn't deserve a team as good as ours. Sterling probably should've played at some point. Having said that we were far better than them even with ten men which is a ****ing embarrassment for Wigan. No financial disadvantage can excuse not even being nearly as good with an extra player.

Delph should never have been sent off but I'm not at all convinced that made much difference to the outcome. We just suffered from a lack of intelligent movement.

At the weekend we'll be beating Arsenal at Wembley and most of those in the stadium tonight won't even be watching Wigan play, so **** it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Even with the refs mistake over the red card C ity should have had enough to beat Perhaps we may draw Wigan if we beat United

That was more of a red card than Murphy's, Stephen's or Hemed's. None of those were overturned.
A lot of big club bias being talked after the game.

Diving in, Out of control, Studs up.
Red card more often than not.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Never a red card. All the dangerous challenges the City players have to endure all season without punishment and then THAT is given as a red?!

The ref was pathetic, weak and allowed himself to be bullied by Wigan players and management to change it to a red card from yellow, joke.

I thought some of the Wigan players, the manager and fans were cocks tonight. Wish they’d lost, we’ve now got to endlessly hear about their tin pot club for the next few days. Also wish Pep had chinned that ugly twunt Cook at half time too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Never a red card. All the dangerous challenges the City players have to endure all season without punishment and then THAT is given as a red?!

The ref was pathetic, weak and allowed himself to be bullied by Wigan players and management to change it to a red card from yellow, joke.

I thought some of the Wigan players, the manager and fans were cocks tonight. Wish they’d lost, we’ve now got to endlessly hear about their tin pot club for the next few days. Also wish Pep had chinned that ugly twunt Cook at half time too.

Very funny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here