Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan v Man City

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wigan is a small place, the total conurbation has a population is 175,000, that's the same as Crawley and Swindon. But with Rugby League the number one sport. It was a minute football club, until Dave Whelan pumped in endless £m's, now its found it's natural level again .... small.

Wiki : The town has a population of 103,608, whilst the wider borough has a population of 318,100.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This. What a dreadful decision. Probably worse than Mike Dean at Boro. Awful.

Ref using his yellow to write the player name down and then correctly shows a red for a reckless challenge

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
They did show it. Pep grabbing hold of Cook for starters.

Makes me laugh, why is Pep having a go at Cook? He didn't send the player off and it was his player that dished out that controversial tackle which if not red was still mighty reckless.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ooooh. Contentious, Referee had the yellow ready to go, and has been swayed by screaming home players and crowd into showing a red.

Surely that sort of thing would never happen in an important game officiated by a professional, Premier League standard referee? ???
It's absolutely fine for a referee t do that in normal circumstances (like denying a promotion chance) but to do it to one of the Big Six is surely unforgiveable? Professional suicide at the very least.
Oldham v. Rotherham or the like from now on.......if he's lucky!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Latics in the PL got much bigger crowds than eggballers. But....apart from the 4,000 die hards, proper footy bods, it was all a bit tin pot (I went there a fair bit at one point). Nice stadium and very accessible by car. Blimey, that pitch looks ruggerbuggered, though, tonight. Crikey.

Pretty much bang on with their core support, I lived in Wigan for about 4years during the time when Martinez and Jesus played for them at Springfield Park, I went a few times watching with Wigan Ath mates they had possibly the worst away end ever, I think we drew the first time Brighton went it was freezing 2-2 if I’m right. Anyway they attracted anywhere between 2-3.5k at home back then, the rugby clubs support had already started to dwindle from the highs of 30k in the past.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So it’s a Brighton Wigan semi final with their goal keeper cup tied

Wouldn't say no! Who would get to wear the stripes, though?

(Thinking about it, Wigan, of course, because we take every possible chance to wear the yellow kit and avoid wearing our stripes wherever possible).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Pep has official backing from Gallagher Brothers, entitled 'Don't Look Back in Anger'

D' You Know What I Mean?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We saw Saturday that’s not the case!

I was under the impression it’s for red cards as well?

That was just a complete balls up from the forth official (or is it fifth official). There is a reasonable argument for whether it was a red card or not therefore as I understand it it would not be overturned. If it was last man and there was clear simulation from the attacker (no contact) then it would be overturned.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Good on Wigan. Love the way Cooper hasn't rolled out the red carpet, blown smoke up Peps arse and told them how great he is. They want to win and aren't overawed by the opposition.

As for the BBC, Pep acting like a bell in the tunnel is EXACTLY what I pay the licence fee for. Show it FFS.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We should sign Dunkley from Wigan. What a centre half pairing we could have. Economies of scale in the club shop too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here