Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan v Man City

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Even with the refs mistake over the red card C ity should have had enough to beat Perhaps we may draw Wigan if we beat United

It was reckless with his foot off the ground = red card

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That is bloody hilarious

4138cb6325f02056e0f3fa4b5a5bb3eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That was superb.

That was almost the perfect cup tie for us neutrals to watch.

Citeh fans showing no class whatsoever as League 1 Wigan burst their 4 trophy bubble :lolol:

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Massive underdogs win.

Wigan fans wind up City fans who start kicking off, smashing seats and throwing advertising hoardings.

Players fighting with each other and rival fans on the pitch.

Managers squaring up to each other........... blimey might get Pretty Pink Fairy and Return of the Rev back to football at this rate.

It was acceptable in the eighties !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Supporters shouldn’t be on the pitch taunting opposition players whoever they are. Players are within their rights to give them a slap IMHO.

First we don’t know what was said ...Shearer claims one moment to suggest same and in the next state as fact that he must have been provoked....second Auguerro should have been big enough to carry on exiting the pitch and despite a few efforts of a Wigan player to pull him away continued after the ‘eupporter’

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sky Sports News can barely bring themselves to mention Wigan! It's all about how City have missed out on the quadruple and how much of a shock it is. Quick switch to a promo for City's upcoming game against Arsenal and they are back in their comfort zone of the Premier league and teams that they know about [emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Because Sky don't have the FAC or CL rights, they barely give either of them a mention. Almost churlish.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
On the subject of fans, former big time Charlie's Blackburn Rovers were at home to Bury in the league tonight and attracted a massive 1,268 crowd. How the mighty fall.

I saw that and assumed it was a misprint like 12,680. That is staggering considering they went top of League One and it was a local derby.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Aguero will end up in trouble. The fan he shoves away has both hands on him prior to that, and is quite clearly giving it the big one. Aguero is perfectly within his rights to push him away IMHO.

I suspect the FA will be asking Wigan questions about the pitch invasion, however, and the apparent complete lack of stewarding to prevent it. I appreciate their fans are ecstatic about the win, but it's not like they're a little non-league team: there looked to be absolutely no protection for the players at the end, and the City players were always going to be the targets of certain, probably pissed up individuals playing the big man.

I remember how our utterly crushed players were caught up in the Derby pitch invasion at the iPro when we lost in the play offs there in 2014 (?)- it must have been a nightmare for them. I saw Derby fans openly fronting up to our players and gloating, grabbing hold of them, poking them, and shaking fists right in their faces. Just because City are richer and more successful, doesn't mean their players should be subjected to that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well who would've thought that our match at Citeh would have to be rearranged because we are in the 1/4 final of the FA Cup and they're not :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought that it was a 1 footed tackle in an attempt to win the ball. If one of our players did the same I would be unhappy if they got a yellow card yet alone a red.

You don't have to two foot some one to be reckless. His foot never reached the ground at all and went though their player at shin high so was reckless. He wrote the name in his book (doubled as his yellow card) as you could lip read he said that to the Man City player and correctly produced the red.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You don't have to two foot some one to be reckless. His foot never reached the ground at all and went though their player at shin high so was reckless. He wrote the name in his book (doubled as his yellow card) as you could lip read he said that to the Man City player and correctly produced the red.

‘’Over the top of the ball’’ ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Opinions and that ref leaves a lot to be desired as regards his decion making.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here