Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan v Man City

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think Aguero will end up in trouble. The fan he shoves away has both hands on him prior to that, and is quite clearly giving it the big one. Aguero is perfectly within his rights to push him away IMHO.

I suspect the FA will be asking Wigan questions about the pitch invasion, however, and the apparent complete lack of stewarding to prevent it. I appreciate their fans are ecstatic about the win, but it's not like they're a little non-league team: there looked to be absolutely no protection for the players at the end, and the City players were always going to be the targets of certain, probably pissed up individuals playing the big man.

I remember how our utterly crushed players were caught up in the Derby pitch invasion at the iPro when we lost in the play offs there in 2014 (?)- it must have been a nightmare for them. I saw Derby fans openly fronting up to our players and gloating, grabbing hold of them, poking them, and shaking fists right in their faces. Just because City are richer and more successful, doesn't mean their players should be subjected to that.

There is better footage on the Man City forum. I've made my mind and I agree with you.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/sergio-pitch-incident-at-end-of-game.333138/page-8

What were those Wigan fans doing goading the Man City fans ?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Never a red card. All the dangerous challenges the City players have to endure all season without punishment and then THAT is given as a red?!

The ref was pathetic, weak and allowed himself to be bullied by Wigan players and management to change it to a red card from yellow, joke.

I thought some of the Wigan players, the manager and fans were cocks tonight. Wish they’d lost, we’ve now got to endlessly hear about their tin pot club for the next few days. Also wish Pep had chinned that ugly twunt Cook at half time too.

Tinpot???

Some of our fans are so disrespectful.

Wasnt that long ago we graced League One and Two.

Remember that.

Lf

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Never a red card. All the dangerous challenges the City players have to endure all season without punishment and then THAT is given as a red?!

The ref was pathetic, weak and allowed himself to be bullied by Wigan players and management to change it to a red card from yellow, joke.

I thought some of the Wigan players, the manager and fans were cocks tonight. Wish they’d lost, we’ve now got to endlessly hear about their tin pot club for the next few days. Also wish Pep had chinned that ugly twunt Cook at half time too.

Have you been on the same "Stupid" pills like Simster ?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
On the subject of fans, former big time Charlie's Blackburn Rovers were at home to Bury in the league tonight and attracted a massive 1,268 crowd. How the mighty fall.

It was 12,038. Must have been a typo in the report you saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Looks like the rant of a closet Citeh fan to me. Your post wouldn't look out of place on the thread on Bluemoon. No mention of Guardiola moaning and whining for 94 minutes , acting like an entitled cock and Citeh fans ripping up seats and other stuff because they lost.

Man City showed they have no class whatsoever- just as they did at The Amex before and after the game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
really? i'd wince at the first sight of player going in like that and be relieved if they got a yellow. though we've seen similar not given a red and maybe was harsh for the contact made, it was certainly potential leg breaker. id be unhappy them trying such a rash challenge that far in opposition half.

Wigan well worth the win, good organisation and quick to switch to attack, pressing Man City forcing them into errors. hard to believe they are only League 1, even for a cup game.

I agree, what replays miss is the speed Delph went in with - ‘out of control’, you could easily argue he only cleaned out the ball through luck rather than judgement because of that lack of control. Anyone saying it’s definitely not this or that is wrong because the only certainty is that as a challenge it straddled the laws a referee applies between a yellow and a red card. It was excessive force for me so can see why the ref went red.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Looks like the rant of a closet Citeh fan to me. Your post wouldn't look out of place on the thread on Bluemoon. No mention of Guardiola moaning and whining for 94 minutes , acting like an entitled cock and Citeh fans ripping up seats and other stuff because they lost.

Man City showed they have no class whatsoever- just as they did at The Amex before and after the game.

Totally agree.

City have set themselves up to be shot at by moaning they are the victims of dangerous fouls and somehow other clubs are not. I’d bet you anything if that foul had been the other way round Guardiola would have been the first to be using it as an example.

Cant have it both ways and I reckon Guardiola realised this afterwards when he admitted the red was justified.

As for the City fans after the game. Don’t make me laugh. Yep they were goaded but this is a club who have completely randomly benefitted from huge foreign investment and won loads of stuff after nothing for years. If they can’t take a bit of goading after the good fortune they’ve had they need to have a good look at themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I agree, what replays miss is the speed Delph went in with - ‘out of control’, you could easily argue he only cleaned out the ball through luck rather than judgement because of that lack of control. Anyone saying it’s definitely not this or that is wrong because the only certainty is that as a challenge it straddled the laws a referee applies between a yellow and a red card. It was excessive force for me so can see why the ref went red.

This. It's a strong Yellow at worst. An orange if you like.

The other way round and Shearer would have been blathering on that it was a 'definite red' This fawning over Man City and Peptide by the media is all a bit nauseating. Respect to Wigan for not being beat before they stepped on the pitch like half the Premier League is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I can definitely see why he went red but no justification at all for initially pulling out a yellow which, if we all remember, is exactly what annoyed us about TCAUS at Boro. Make your mind up and stick with it. The early appearance of a yellow suggested he was cajoled by the Wigan players and I don't see how we can moan about Stephens and then say this was ok, even though they were different kids of challenge.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I can definitely see why he went red but no justification at all for initially pulling out a yellow which, if we all remember, is exactly what annoyed us about TCAUS at Boro. Make your mind up and stick with it. The early appearance of a yellow suggested he was cajoled by the Wigan players and I don't see how we can moan about Stephens and then say this was ok, even though they were different kids of challenge.

I think it was as much the knocking the yellow out of Mike Dean's hands that was the issue there. Which in itself should have been a red card. And now I'm angry all over again!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Justification is his yellow card is his notepad.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Never a red.

If someone like Dean gave that against one of our players, there would be uproar.

You, my friend, as is Alan Shearer, are an ass... Both feet were off the ground and there was excessive force. You don't have to snap someone's leg in two for it to be a bad, reckless challenge. And know I wouldn't defend ANY Brighton player who made such a challenge!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You, my friend, as is Alan Shearer, are an ass... Both feet were off the ground and there was excessive force. You don't have to snap someone's leg in two for it to be a bad, reckless challenge. And know I wouldn't defend ANY Brighton player who made such a challenge!

Nice. I don't think it was but you're right. :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to hear Eric Cantona's views on Aguero assaulting that fan. Nine-month ban for 'le genìus' on a Palarse twit. I can't see how the Argentine can get away with it? Ban him for the rest of the season. Yes, the Wigan fan was on the pitch but you can't throw right hookers into his face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here